“What a great surprise”

Ranked #51 of 537 Restaurants in Siena
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We walked past this restaurant, and I noticed that the Michelin stickers ended in 2009. I laughed and said why would had they not have removed them as it seems obvious that there is a problem with this restaurant, after that date. Oh how wrong could I have been. We looked at the menus and decided to give it a go, despite my apprehensions.
When seated we were given a complimentary drink and tomato and wheat soup. To follow I chose the fish set menu, and my partner had the Tuscan menu. Both were excellent and we both enjoyed each individual course. All the more so, as the previous night my partner had endured a particularly bad meal in another nearby restaurant ( review to follow later)
I have read some of the bad reviews, for this restaurant. I thought the service was excellent, especially the lady who looked after us. The clientele were tourists, or mostly Italian business men.
We both decided the the service and the food were excellent, and very reasonably priced.Worth another visit.

1  Thank downsouth20

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was by far the best eating experience we had in Italy, service was excellent and the food (we chose the Tuscan 5 course menu) was superb, suprisingly it was also great value for money. I could not recommend this restaurant highly enough, probably one of the top three meals I've ever eaten.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a fabulous little classy restaurant with good food and welcoming touches. The hostess gives you a complimentary glass of aperitif and an h'ordeuvre. They have excellent Set Menus that are wonderful value and give you a good experience of the food of the region. e.g. The Tuscan Menu - Cheese, honey & walnut tart, Rsvioli, blslck csbbsge & cheese sauce, fabulous beef slices with salad finishing with warm apple cake & custard sauce. 25Eu A bottle of lovely
sparkling Rose 10Eu. All perfectly served by the hostess. The a-la-carte menu is both interesting and creative and No Pizzas. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank jetaway08
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is my first tripadvisor restaurant review. I have only so much time to do this sort of thing, so I've stuck to commenting on accommodations alone. Until now. Enzo's is too amazing not to acknowledge and applaud. Because it was almost a year ago since we ate at this wonderful little restaurant, I'm not able to recall all the details of our meal. I will tell you that we were so impressed with the presentation of every course that we repeatedly pulled out our cameras to visually remember each one. (We tried not to look like absolute boors doing so, and were thankful the restaurant had few other patrons present due to the early hour of our dinner!) We enjoyed everything served. And we were so charmed by how it was served by a lovely woman (oh, what was her name?) who despite her limited English exuded warmth, attentiveness and pleasure in waiting on us. We loved the city of Siena enough to think we might visit again. Eating at Enzo's alone would make the trip worthwhile.

2  Thank socalers
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We have been many times to this restaurant which is a bit away from the very crowded areas. 10 minutes walk from the Piazza del Campo you will find this very good restaurant which can probably seat some 30 people. There is only indoor so if you want to eat outside this is not your place, but if you are looking for some special plates then it is hard to find something better. The service is particularly friendly and I am sure to come back regularly.