“Good Service, Convenient Parking and Good Food”

Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti
Ranked #15 of 536 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I ate at this restaurant due to the recommendation of our hotel. We liked how it was right near a parking garage/lot so we did not have to walk very far to get to it. As you know... getting to restaurants in Siena can take a bit of walking and time. This one was easy. They open at 7:30pm if I remember right. We were there right when they opened. My husband and I started with a glass of wine each and some bruschetta. The bruschetta was just ok. I have had better but it was fine. Then we had pasta with truffles and turkey stew as our main courses. Both were very tasty. The Turkey Stew was very unique and flavorful. It was the special of the day so I am not sure they always have it. We ended up having Pan Cotta with Caramel for dessert. It was divine. Very good. This is a small restaurant. It is family owned and operated. Britta was the hostess and waitress. She had her daughter with her. I believe her husband is the cook. Britta was very nice and kind and helpful. I would eat here again. I believe our bill was about 45 Euro.

cicchi, Proprietario at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Kariensa!

Thank you for your nice review, I am very glad that you have been so satisfied with our kitchen, we try to do our best every day!
All the best from Siena, Britta and Roberto

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Britta and Roberto did our party of 10 proud. Traditional restaurant, delicious food, excellent service. Britta coped magnificently with our order. Good, tasty well cooked food and well worth the trip out of the city walls - great view back up to Siena at night all lit up. Not at all difficult to find just head down the escalator and turn left - couldn't be easier and not a long way to walk at all. Siena is extremely compact. The pappardelle with wild boar ragu got the top marks. Thank you

1  Thank DoddsieD
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

A very charming place with beautiful service. It epitomizes the spirit of Tuscany. Great wine collection so if you there plan for a long nice dinner

VolpiinToscana, Proprietario at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Buon giorno! Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you here, specially because you are wine lovers!!!! I am sorry that we could not talk more, but it was a very busy night! So maybe see you another time, good bye and tschuess, Britta:-)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

A little walk out of the centre of Siena, the location of this restaurant is beautiful and peaceful. It's such joy to escape from the bustle of the centre of the city for a cosy meal. We came here twice whilst we were in Siena; the food is incredible and I couldn't recommend the pappardelle with wild boar ragu enough.

Britta and Roberto are the warmest of hosts and we were absolutely spoiled both times. I would definitely advise anyone visiting Siena to make time to visit Osteria Enoteca Sotto le Fonti.

2  Thank Hannah G

Dear Hannah! Thank you soooo much for the review! Hope to see you again in summer, we are here! Kind regards, Britta and co.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We did a day trip from Florence to Siena - what a beautiful city !!
After spending the morning doing the prerequisite sites of the Doumo etc we then turned our sights on finding this restaurant....was not that easy and actually outside the walls of the old city however well worth the time to locate....the food here is exceptional and to be honest probably the best we have had since arriving in Italy.....it is an authentic Tuscan family business - Britta does front of house and her husband the kitchen....please leave alone all the restaurants in town and close to Duomo as you will not be disappointed - we cannot recommend it enough

2  Thank SHANDREW
VolpiinToscana, Direttore at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Shandrew!
Thank you so much for the revies, you really made my day!:-)))) It was so nice talking to you, hope to keep in contact! I know we are not easy to find, that's why I put a detailed description on our website and recommend to check us out un google maps.
Take care and all the best! Hug from Britta and Roberto