“The perfect meal”

Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti
Ranked #15 of 541 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

One of the best meals of our trip to Italy. The wild boar pasta was excellent and so were the desserts. Great atmosphere and fantastic service.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The food and the environment, was gorgeous!!!

This restaurant is much more than just food, it is the spirit of tuscany!!!

Definatelly worth a visit!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was our first trip to Siena and following a recommendation of 2 friends who recently visited the city, we decided to have a meal at this restaurant.

As soon as we walked in, Britta welcomed us with a big smile even though we did not know her then...I suppose it was just her personality. The food that we had was tremendous, I am a big meat eater but my girlfriend is vegetarian and we both were extremely satisfied with the quality of the food, it was very tasty with some of the ingriendients from their own garden (tomatos) and the recommended wine (Brunello Montalcino) by Britta was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our night as Britta explained about the different wines in the region. I suppose that is what makes this restaurant different, it is a great family environment and Britta does engage very well with all the customers, going the extra mile!

I would really recommend people to visit this restaurant when they visit Siena...as mentioned on the title, it was just superb!

VolpiinToscana, Proprietario at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Danil!

What to say? Your review made me smile all day long! Thank you so much! Hope to see you again, all the best for your future together in Dubai or London! BIG Bacio, Britta

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Four of us, plus a baby, visited the restaurant in August, 2012.
For a starter, we had the bruschetta, which was very good and the truffle quiche which was utterly amazing. I think the main mistake was that we didn't order more of it.
I had the steak in a Chianti sauce which was just amazing. If I could have this meal once a week for the rest of my life, I would die happy (and fat... and from too much meat). It was that good. A friend had pasta which she didn't really enjoy until she added some of the spices to it. My wife had the lamb and she said that she didn't enjoy it as much as other lamb dishes, but we understood that it was prepared in a traditional Tuscan way and not the same as our usual tastes. My other friend was very satisfied with his meal.
The tiramisu is as good as other people have said - it is huge and just unreal!
I would add that I saw a group of young Italian backpackers order and destroy a large slab of steak. We couldn't order that as it was only I who ordered it and it has to be sold as a larger unit, which is typical. It did look amazing. The look of obscene bliss on one of the young men's faces as he chewed a bone like a dog would be enough for me to recommend this restaurant.
Also - amazing wine.
The female server who I believe is the co-owner was very friendly, and spoke perfect English. She was great and explained all the dishes and wines to us before we ordered - she knew her product very well.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I got there early and waited across the street. My wait was worth it! The pecorino wrapped w prosciutto and served with onion jam Fabulous! The pasta with arugula pesto and zucchini wonderful! I wish that I had gone there again tonight. I don't eat desserts but the Fig Cake will be a recipe I will need to search down! It was Devine! The glass of house wine was terrific.

VolpiinToscana, Proprietario at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your dinner! Hope to see you back in Siena again, all the best, Britta and kids!