“Outstanding food and staff”

La Taverna di San Giuseppe
Ranked #3 of 532 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Randolph, NJ
“Outstanding food and staff”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We ate here with my extended family of 7 and the food and setting are outstanding. They treated us like family and when we left, gave us a bottle of wine! Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy this gem and the attentive staff. We will be back!

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great gnocchi”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I was here in a night in August and the restaurant was full. The gnocchi was fantastic, out of this world. But the service was cold and the moment of the happy birthday was bizzare with a very uncool Brazilian song (I'm from Brazil!). If you love gnocchi, dont miss. The wine is great but that is easy, you are in tuscany.

Visited August 2014
“Homemade chocolate pasta in a white wild boar sauce!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This place was fantastic! We loved Siena and this restaurnt just topped it off for us. The waiters were attentive and knowledgable and the food was delicious. We tried the homemade chocolate pasta and white wild boar sauce in an attempt to be adventurous and were well rewarded! Can't wait to come back again! We are now Onde supporters!

• Visited August 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Don't miss this awesome place!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I went to La Taverna di San Giuseppe on our second night in Italy for his birthday. The place is exactly what you'd imagine an old Italian restaurant to be - stone walls, candles, incredibly friendly and fun waiters (they put your purse on its own tiny chair (!) and unbelievable food. We ordered the bruschetta - three different kinds on a plate and my husband said about the mixed vegetable topping, "This is a taste I've never had." We then ordered two kinds of pasta - homemade papardelle with goose sauce and homemade picci (wide, Tuscan spaghetti) with vegetables. Both so fresh and delicious. Then, the creme de la creme: the bistecca fiorentina. The waiter wheeled out the biggest slab of raw meat I've ever seen on a cutting board for our approval and then a few minutes later, it returned, cooked but still rare as the dish is famous for, and we watched in awe as he carved it meticulously. It was so juicy and tender and had a great crunch on the outside. Then, for dessert, we shared the best tiramisu I've ever had (thank you, other TripAdvisor reviewers). I'm not generally a tiramisu person but this was exquisite: fluffy, crunchy, hazelnut-y. Absolutely a perfect cap to a perfect meal. Enjoy this place and then tell your friends about it!

• Visited August 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“As good as the reviews say!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked this restaurant, following advice from fellow trip advisor reviewers. We enjoyed a lovely trip to siena and finished it off with an outstanding meal in this restaurant. The staff are extremely friendly. It is usually booked out and so the atmosphere is great. The food and wine was outstanding and good value as well. The service was extremely speedy but the staff did not rush you out at all. We will definitely be back to this restaurant if we ever return to Siena!