“Delicious Italian fare, warm service and the ambiance- perfect”

La Taverna di San Giuseppe
Ranked #3 of 530 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hong Kong, China
“Delicious Italian fare, warm service and the ambiance- perfect”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We honestly just STUMBLED upon this divine resto as we walked off the main square and desperately trying to find something off the beaten track. I thought we were at the end of the road with no real (tummy filling) light in sight, until right at the end of the street (coming from the Piazza) we came upon La Taverna di San Giuseppe. They graciously hosted us despite being late (nearly 3pm for lunch) and we enjoyed the most beautiful Tuscan soup and lamb bolognaise pasta. The wine list was beautiful and the wine cellar just mysterious which just added to the overall ambience. Would love to go back one day!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Koersel, Belgium
“Very Good Osteria - Friendly service”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our second day in Siena we ate at La Taverna di San Guiseppe. (you should book here because without reservations it is almost impossible to get a table)
Every dishes we ordered were very good and the staff was very friendly.
It is not really cheap, but the value for money you get is correct in this place.
I can recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Manila, Philippines
“One of the best meals i have had Ever. You must have the truffles!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

we came here highly expecting a fantastic meal as this was one of the restaurants suggested and we researched on this place even before affirming in italy. we made ample reservations several days in advance as i heard the place is mostly packed on a daily basis.

the restaurant is situated in one of the old mazes in Siena, once you enter the restaurant you are greeted by the most wonderful smell of italian delicacies and food. the place looks ancient (in a good way) almost as if you were dining with the likes of Machiavelli and Da vinci himself. we were lucky to be situated at the back of the restaurant which is right beside their underground cellar. there is a smell of wonderful meats and cheese ageing. spectacular.

sorry i have not gotten to the food yet, but of course we had to have the truffle samplers. most of us had it which consisted of steak with truffles, tagiatelle with truffles, dumplings with truffles etc etc. we were so amazed and delighted by our dishes and their servings were more than generous.

Our server, LUCA was extremely helpful, patient and engaging. we even took his video shaving the truffles on our dishes. we loved our experience so much here we came back before we left siena. such a wonderful restaurant and suggest anyone in siena make a trip to this restaurant. What a shame to go here and NOT eat here. YOU MUST COME! i know i will be back.

3 Thank Carlo12377ph
Miami, Florida
“The most delicious food I have ever tasted....I was in Heaven”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This charming restaurant was recommended to me by a local, and I am so happy I listened. The atmosphere is wonderful. In the back of the restaurant are very romantic cave like seating, however anywhere you sit is great. The service is wonderful. The food is the best I have ever eaten in my life, really. I thought I knew what gnocchi tasted like, well I am not spoiled and will not be able to eat gnocchi anywhere else. I would go back to Siena just to have a meal here!

1 Thank rainbowkeeper
Ireland
“Deservedly number 1 in Siena”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was lucky enough to get a table here recently, fantastic service, excellent food and a great selection of wine. It's easy to see why this place has so many good reviews, it really is that good.

• Visited July 2014