“I'm in love!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“I'm in love!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Finally a very good restaurant in Italy!
We tryied the risotto, nhoque, two starters, wine... And a EXPETACULAR tiramisu.
No complains, just delicious.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a charming, cavelike place that has a comfortable atmosphere. I started with spaghetti with wild boar ragu and porcinis. The dish was really good, although the spaghetti was so thick it was a bit chewy. Then I had boar cubes cooked in milk, with bay leaves, rosemary, and sage. This was tender and tasty. I also had some grilled veggies with eggplant (a little undercooked), zucchini, tomato, onion, and radicchio. I had ordered tap water and got a carafe of water. I was surprised to learn later via the bill that the waiter thought I'd ordered still water, and their bottled water is always served in a carafe. Weird. I had a 2009 Chianti which was very nice and reasonably priced. The restaurant was, for good reason, crowded.

• Visited January 2013
Ireland
“Would definately return!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I found it very difficult to fault this place. Lovely traditional restaurant, friendly and attentive staff and really good hearty tuscan food with shavings of wonderful truffle added to most dishes if you so desire. The venison ragu pasta dish with black truffle and a glass of chianti was immense! To avoid dissapointment book in advance.

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“We thought the food was nothing to write home about.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

When I read other reviews that gush about this place being "the best meal in italy" or "the best meal they've ever had", it stopped me dead in my tracks. I thought that last summer I ate some pretty spectacular food -- so I dragged my husband to Tuscany for an "encore of eating"...

But seriously, I wonder if we ate at the same restaurant as the other reviewers? My wallet and receipt seem to indicate I ate at the same place but my tastebuds (nor my husband's) didn't seem to reach the same conclusion as the other reviewers.

In total, we ordered 5 dishes for 2 people and a bottle of wine, so we felt we had a good sampling of what the establishment had to offer. Service was warm, we thought the food was "adequate". Almost without exception, we take and eat the leftovers in instances where we "over order" (i.e., snack in the car or at the hotel, etc.) -- but this time, we didn't even bother. The server recommended wine was so-so, in my opionion - pricey for the region and probably not our best choice. We only finished half the bottle of wine, and left the rest to "rot" (rare for us - given the region produces some of the most amazing (including value) wines in the world and we collect rare wine).

Seriously, on one hand we can name several restaurants in Tuscany (or Italy for that matter), where we think we ate better food and paid half (or a fraction of) the same cost. On my other hand, we can count and name restaurants where we quite happily paid just as much (or more) for the meal and where we thought food quality was FAR superior to the meal we had... but this is just our opinion...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SKI_Road_Warrior
Shoreline, Washington
“Fantastic meal in a great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The place was very busy on a Saturday night and the workers were pleasant, helpful and professional. The food was fantastic - worth going back another night if we had had one more! We sat at a shared table but it felt very private, not like we were part of a group. The prices were very reasonable and the meal was very filling. We look forward to going back to the La Taverna next time we are in Siena.

Visited December 2012