In July 2012 we stayed at Il Borghetto and it was perfect for our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids 9 and 13). We stayed in Il Picconaia (the pigeon loft) for a week and were extremely pleased with our choice. First of all, the family that runs Il Borghetto is clearly dedicated to assuring that their guests have a wonderful stay. We were late arriving due to being a bit lost, (get a good map in advance), and Nicola stayed late to make sure we weren't sleeping on the patio that night. (Thanks so much Nicola!). The setting is spectacular, you've seen all the other reviews. We had a really hot spell while we were there, so we would do a day trip to Sienna, Florence, or Voltaire one day, and another day to sit by the pool and sip the local Vernaccia and let the kids frolic. I never felt like I was "missing the sites" by relaxing at Il Borghetto. It's a treasure on it's own.
I took a cooking class and it was a real treat. A local chef from down the road showed a group of 9 of us a really delightful Tuscan meal (they let me squeeze in even though there was a max of 8 students), which we later shared together while overlooking their vineyard. Simone was our interpreter (fantastic!) and the meal was delicious.
I could go on about how wonderful this place is, but I think you get the idea. Stay here if you really want to get a taste of the peace and beauty of the Tuscan countryside, and enjoy immaculate taste and warm, welcoming comfort. (And if you are lucky enough to secure a reservation).
** Simone and Nicola ** the offer is still open, you should come stay in our place in Maui some time. (vrbo.com/77140). I know you would love Hawaii and the beautiful ocean.
Aloha and Ciao Bella!!
David and Lee Anne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IL BORGHETTO di Cortennano, Tuscany villa vacation rentals, lies on the side of a hill within the municipal borders of San Gimignano directly on the original old dirt road leading to the town, with the best view of the famous towers.The accommodation is divided into apartments of different sizes and typology to better satisfy the varying needs of the guests. All apartments are equipped with the following comforts: heating/air conditioning, kitchen with microwave/grill and freezer, dishwasher (in the larger apartments), cable TV, telephone.Some have a fireplace and all are furnished to recreate that typical Tuscan atmosphere that is characterized by the style and taste that have always distinguished this region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Il Borghetto di San Gimignano Agriturismo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borghetto Di San Gimignano Agriturismo Hotel San Gimignano
- Il Borghetto Di San Gimignano Agriturismo Italy - Tuscany