We have just returned from 3 days staying at Castello di Fulignano and had such a wonderful stay. We are a group ranging from 1 year to 70 years and none of us wanted to leave, hence changing out 2-day weekend away to 3 days! Although Francesco did not speak English, he was the most welcoming and friendly host you could hope for and also makes amazing dinners! There was also a lady who lives across the road and speaks English who came to check on us numerous times to check that we had everything we needed, to book taxis etc. The views are to die for, almost 360 degrees of rolling hills and the towers of San Gim. THe pool is beautiful and huge and looks out onto the beautiful views. Really for us, the hosts made it such a special trip.
Oh yeah, it is self-catering so you need to pretty much bring everything ie. dishwashing detergent, toilet paper if you are staying more than a day or two. We didn't realise this as we booked at the last minute and had no food for lunch when we arrived, so Francesco brought us up a plate of salami and prosciutto and crusty bread which was delicious. Hope that helps anyone looking for a lovely place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ancient fortress backdated to the 10th Century, Castello di Fulignano has been restored and refurbished into an elegant country resort, perched on a hilltop overlooking the Tuscan hills and the famous towers of San Gimignano. Its 360° panoramic view offers the guests a vision of rare beauty. Enjoy history and nature in one of the most gorgeous place of Tuscany. Apartments and pool with a view. Free arrival and departure days. Riding stable and bikes for rent in the nearby. Hiking paths. Wi-fi connection in common rooms. There’s also a restaurant, La Grotta di Fulignano, where guests can taste Tuscan cuisine and the best local wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Castello di Fulignano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Fulignano Hotel San Gimignano
- Castello Di Fulignano San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany