“Fantastic B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 San Gimignano B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We felt a good response right from the beginning when we started the dialogue via mail with Katia and Fluvio. The B&B is a really nice place with typically Tuscany surroundings. But the best thing with Il Vicario B&B is Katia and Fluvio. Always positive and helpful, always doing their best to make sure we enjoy Italy. Thanks for a great staying!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Did a cooking class with Katia and not only had an awesome time but also had one of the best meals of our trip. The b & b is beautiful and the area is just gorgeous. I would definitely recommend the cooking class to anyone that wants to do something different on their Tuscan vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aimster77
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at Il Vicario in June, 2014 for two nights with my brother and sister. We had an amazing time at this b&b. I have had a b&b in Asheville, NC in the US for the past ten years, so I know how important it is to offer top notch service and hospitality. Fulvio and Katia are great examples of this kind of service. Our triple room was comfortable (except for the noisy bathroom fan), the food was delicious, the service was great and we loved it! We also took Katia's cooking class which was great fun and delicious. I highly recommend this b&b and the cooking class. In fact, my husband & I are going to Italy with friends in September, 2015 and we will be returning to Il Vicario!

Room Tip: Take the cooking class! Dinner is also offered at an additional cost.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PattiStrelec
Laguna Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week trip to Tuscany. We took a cooking class with Katia at Il Vicario. We had a little trouble finding the place, but I think that was more driver error than anything else. The location is perfect for anyone staying near San Gimignano or Volterra. Katia is a great teacher, making everything so simple to understand and complete. The food we made was delicious. Recipes easy enough to make by myself when we left. We spent a few minutes at the end with Fulvio who runs the B&B and he was wonderful. They were both kind enough to offer some suggestions for other local things to see. Definitely recommend this class to anyone looking for a Tuscan experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Italy for our 30th anniversary. This class with Katia was the highlight of our trip. We spent the afternoon cooking (and eating) with Katia and her uncle Fulvio. She was an excellent teacher, giving us a lot of hands time so we knew we could make these dishes for our family when got home. The food was excellent. We have made many of the dishes since our return and talk often of the fun time we had in her kitchen.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had a lovely day at the Ill Vicario cooking school. Katia and Fulvio are very welcoming. Katia is extremely knowledgable about Tuscan food. We made many things which were simple and delicious. Our lunchtime feast was accompanied with tasty local wines. I also appreciated the recipe book to take away too. This is great value and you are sure you have a wonderful day out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was surprised with a trip to Il Vicario with (3 levels of cooking lessons) for our wedding anniversary.
We had the best time ever...Fulvio is welcoming, Fab tour guide and a lot of fun. Katia was my expert cooking teacher and friend. For 3 days we cooked together preparing over 15 menu items. She was amazing as a teacher and a totally sweet person! She has answered questions in my emails after about recipes and more. Il Vicario is such a lovely place to stay as a hub and relaxing refuge from everything rushed. Clean, confortable and friendly. Did I say how fantastic their hospitality is? Great Friends and Great food and drink! So much to do close by. We were there 4 nights with day trips daily and of course my cooking lessons every evening. The memories continue....

Room Tip: We opted for the apartment...lots of room and privacy! And a wonderful view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple