I booked Fattorie Santo Pietro through Easy Reserve, an online booking agency, for our trip to Tuscany. Unfortunately, on many points, this was not the property represented - nor does it live up to the reviews below. Our apartment (called a 'villa' online was quite a stretch!!) was for 4 and did offer 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. These were clean to be sure but certainly not as seen in online photos! Though clean, rooms were bare-bones (no dresser in 2nd bedroom so we moved a wooden bench from the kitchen area into the bedroom), no lounge area at all (except for one oversized twin futton that we were afraid to sit on as it was covered up with a large cloth); showers were extremely small and handheld only; our kitchen was dreadful. Glasstop range cracked in half (though we were assured it worked and it did), small coffee maker left for use without a working plug/adapter, wall full of grease stains above range and around sink area, and we were greeted with no basic supplies AT ALL with the exception of the two rolls of bathroom tissue in each bath. We requested air conditioning and though left running never actually cooled the rooms. The air conditioning was at most - slightly circulating refreshed air. We used it to combat the mosquitoes at night and in order to keep our windows closed. After a trip to the market we had basic supplies/paper goods for our week. Two hangers were left in the bedroom for our week's stay!
It is a short drive to San Gimignano so it's worth dining there. We ate once in the restaurant (our first night for convenience) and found it to be only fair. There's too much in the nearby city for dining to eat here more than once. The pool is a lovely spot with a great view though a number of chaise lounges were left about in a broken state.
Though families abound in the 16 apartments here it is still quiet and relaxed. Folks are very conscientious of others around them.
All in all quite disappointing. Maybe it is more how this rental was described online by EasyReserve Tuscany Villas.
We still enjoyed the rolling hills, exploring wonderful towns and wineries, the food, the wine, the culture. Would have been even greater if the facility had been as promised/advertised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laying on Siena's countryside on gentle hills along the Via Francigena and minutes away from the famous towers of San Gimignano, noble and ancient houses form the Fattorie Santo Pietro, a ancient and quiet village surrounded by 300 hectares of unspoiled nature. The whole village has been restored and it is a rural architectural heritage of pure Tuscan tradition. The Fattorie Santo Pietro offer different types of accommodation to suit guests from all over the world: sixteen apartments, in former farmhouses located in the quiet of nature, nine elegant rooms in the Country House, two villas formerly the estate manor's mansion have all been designed and furnished with great attention to details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Fattorie Santo Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattorie Santo Pietro Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattorie Santo Pietro San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany