We stayed for three nights at the villa belvedere in June. The hotel is perfectly situated about 5 -10 minutes uphill walk into the town. Parking is a huge issue in San gimignano so the free secure parking on site is a real bonus. The hotel is a small friendly family run establishment with great views over the countryside. It has a lovely outside area with large clean pool to relax after a hard days sightseeing. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the room was spotless. Two negative points. The shower in our room was very small and had nowhere to put soap shampoo etc. Secondly a kettle in the room is required. Most hotels nowadays provide a kettle with tea/coffee making facilities. Overall good value in this expensive area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Via Francigena just 500 meters from the historic center of San Gimignano, Villa Belvedere blends a modern, completely-refurbished interior with the unaltered charm of a 19th century villa surrounded by picturesque gardens. The family-run hotel, which boasts a swimming pool and private car park, is just 10 minutes walk from the town centre and Important areas of historical and cultural interest, including Florence, Siena and Volterra, are a 40-minute drive away. Guests can exchange the noise and chaos of the city for a holiday destination characterized by culture and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Villa Belvedere San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany