Nice Hotel, not in downtown, but outside the city. You have to go by car, but is value for money. Very pleasant place, at an ancient villa, seeing the towers of San Gimignano from the hotel. The are around the hotel is very beautiful (you can see the grapes...).
We'd stayed at the #1 room, outside the main building, and it was very cozy and charming. The room was big, with a good bed and wardrobe, and a good bathroom too. I don't know if it is cold at the winter...
The staff is very efficient, both in the receptionist, like at the restaurant (good food).
There is a lot of options at the breakfast (ask tomatoes, they are very sweet!).
There is a free parking, because the area is big enough. A swimming pool can be pleasant at the summer, if you like.
By the other side, the internet connection simply don't work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the Via Francigena, Villa Ducci is situated in a panoramic position with magnificent views over the medieval town of San Gimignano. The air-conditioned rooms are modern and feature original wood-beamed ceilings and terracotta floors. The guests will find a restaurant, sanck-bar, free parking, swimming pool, and a lush garden. The restaurant offers typical Tuscan dishes. In fine weather, dinner can be served on the panoramic terrace overlooking the towers of San Gimignano and the Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Ducci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ducci Hotel San Gimignano
- Ducci Hotel San Gimignano
- Villa Ducci San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany