“Bellissimo I Coppi”

Ranked #8 of 66 San Gimignano B&B and Inns
Geelong, Australia
“Bellissimo I Coppi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent 6 nights at this wonderful place with friends ( 3 couples) it was a fantastic experience.
Anna, Nicoletta and Alessandro where our hosts and what warm and welcoming people you all are
You made us feel part of your family, the breakfast every morning in your home upstairs were amazing we looked forward to it every day, the food has to been seen to be believed!!! Anna was like our own tour guide she would suggest what to see and and where to go even supplied written direction. The apartments were spacious comfortable and very clean with everything you would need if you wanted to eat in. The position of I Coppi is excellent only 10 minutes walk to the gates of San Gimignano. But the best thing would have to be the most Amazing views day and night from our rooms, what one would expect from Tuscany, rolling hills filled with olive groves, & vineyards and other beautiful villas.
If you are planning a trip to Tuscany I Coppi is the place to stay.you will love it
Tanti Tanti Grazie Anna,Nicoletta and Alessandro for making our stay so memorable and special.

1 Thank Paulina G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We spent 6 nights at the wonderful I Coppi B&B with friends (3 couples). What a wonderful experience! Firstly a huge thank you to Anna, Alessandro and Nicholetta for helping to make our stay in Tuscany so amazing. You are all such warm and welcoming hosts. Our breakfasts upstairs in your home were delightful, so much to eat and enjoy whilst we gazed out the open windows over the rolling hillsides of Tuscany. I Coppi is excellent value for money!! The apartments were comfortable, clean, spacious and tastefully decorated and it was terrific to be able to share the cojoined kitchen/dining area with friends. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The views are amazing from the outside areas ... rolling hills, vineyards and olive groves dotted with Italian villas; all typical of what one would expect to see in Tuscany. The positon of I Coppi is excellent, though it is a good 10 minute uphill walk to the gates of SanGimignano however it is worth the walk because you are then right in the old town. You can also find just up the street a laundromat and a small mini mart handy for longer stays. San Gimignano is also a great base to explore Tuscany, we drove to many old towns around the region. Anna was extremely helpful in organising our daily outings with great suggestions of where to go and what to see... even with directions. I agree with all the other comments on trip advisor...if you are visiting Tuscany you could choose no better a place to stay than I Coppi. Thankyou Anna and family for helping to make our Italian holiday so special.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We spend 6 days at I Coppi, it has the most stunning views. We were with friends and had all the accommodation. We had the separate flat on the side, the others had their own sleeping and bathroom s and shared the kitchen/ sitting area. .Our area would benefit from more natural light, I emphasize, a small complaint. Anna, Nicholetta and Alessandro are very welcoming. Breakfasts were very good, the bruscettas were delicious. Along with many other excellent suggestions, Anna recommend Andrea Boccelli's home town. Go there you will love it! There was nothing we didn't love about the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this wonderful agriturismo for 3 nights and wished we never had to leave. Anna, Alessandro, and Nicholetta were warm and welcoming hosts. The breakfast was superb and Anna was always happy to give advice on the local area, even organising a wine tasting for us at a nearby vineyard.

San Gimignano is only a short walk up the hill. There is also a great pizza bar and alimentari at the top of the drive if you feel like relaxing with some wine, cheese, and pizza while watching the sun set over the beautiful rolling hills of vineyards and olive groves.

Fantastic spot for day trips to Pisa, Florence, and Siena. There's a reason this place has 100% positive reviews! Find out for yourself.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I are not long back from our first Tuscany holiday where we stayed in 3 separate locations. I Coppi was our very first Tuscany experience and what a great choice it turned out to be. Just a glance at the number of positive reviews here tells you all you need to know.

Everything was perfect. Anna and her mother Nicoletta were perfect hosts and going into their home upstairs for breakfast in the mornings was a delight. Lovely coffee and great food to set you on your way. They would make you an omelette or whatever way you fancied your eggs. The views from I Coppi were breathtaking and you never grew tired of seeing new things and hearing new sounds. To open your curtain in the mornings to those views was just special.

This is most likely a place you will remember for the rest of your life. There is little, if anything to fault here and it is difficult not to 'gush' too much about this place and the owners.

Read the other reviews. There is no point in me repeating what has already been said. This is a place you will want to return to again and for us, it was a perfect introduction to Tuscany.

We chose I Coppi based on the good reviews and its proximity to the town. On the walk into San Gimignano you will pass 2 restaurants on the hill up to the walls of the town. We ate in the larger of the two restaurants every night and enjoyed the food a lot and the prices were also very good. There is a little mini-mart/delicatessen only minutes away where you can buy essentials such as food, water, wine etc.

We are considering returning to Tuscany again next year and I Coppi could well be on our list should we decide to return to the same area.

1 Thank David H
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Small B&B in about 5 minutes walking distance from San Gimignano centre, with very nice family atmosphere.
Best values:
- really individual access to customer from all family members - beginning welcome from Aleksandro, continuing with tips and hints for dinner, and ending with great home made breakfast with Anna and her mother Nicolette.
- good location allowing to see city without using a car
- perfect public B&B area for stay with beautiful views to countryside.
We are from Slovakia, we cannot speak Italian, but despite this we have feeling as at home.
Hint for next guests: when you will use car to arrive this B&B, some navigation systems cannot find address of hotel. Also GPS could be confusing - we ended on opposite side of main road as hotel real is. To find it, simply drive from San Gimignano centre down via main street and look for "I COPPI" on the right side, shortly behind public parking on the same side. Keep attention - B&B sign is nearby (maybe 1 or 2 meters) to sign of other hotel, don't miss it !
Finally, very good choice if you wish uncover Gimignano - one of real gem of Tuscany.

Room Tip: Write email to family before booking, every room is unique. But all are very well.
Kamloops, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

After a horrible night at a nearby hotel, we called Anna and strolled over to check out I Coppi. First of all, the view is to die for. Vineyards and olive orchards and soft velvety rolling hills sprinkled with villas, as far as the eye can see. Anna owns the adjacent vineyards and orchards and you can buy wine and olive oil from her. There are two rooms and one larger sized apartment. We took the apartment as it was not much more in cost. We stayed 3 nights, and each morning went upstairs to the owner's house for a beautiful breakfast which is so proudly presented by Anna and her Mamma. There were lots of choices on the buffet plus they will make you an egg or two if desired. Anything you need, Anna will do her best to provide. On our last morning, she had printed a list of B&Bs in Florence and had her laptop ready for me to find our next accomodations.

I highly recommend I Coppi B&B. AND San Gimignano. You will love it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple