“Fantastic spot to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 65 San Gimignano B&B and Inns
Victoria, Australia
“Fantastic spot to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Anna and her mother were the most welcoming hosts! The setting and outlook from the B&B was amazing. Breakfast was also more than we could manage, so many choices! It is a short walk to town and the bed is a little firm but this would have to be the best place to stay in SG for what you pay at this lovely B&B.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shillington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our second time to San Gimignano, the first time was 2 years ago for our honeymoon and was a road trip around tuscany, we stayed in a lovely expensive hotel when we arrived in San Gimignano and fell in love with the place so decided to return for a 3 day break solely in this town, this time we used public transport as we had no plans on venturing further, because of this we needed a place to stay that was within walking distance of all amenities, after reading the reviews on trip adviser I Coppi had to be the one and we were so right in booking. Our stay here far outweighed the hotel we stayed in on our previous visit.
I Coppi has everything you could ask for and more, if you want the full Tuscan experience then you don't need to look further.
We were first greeted by Alessandro who showed us to our beautiful apartment. The apartment contained everything you need for a self catering experience and was spotlessly clean with all the information you need for your whole stay. Alessandro was so friendly and helpful and really wanted to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. We were then greeted by Nicolletta who is Anna mother who was also extremely friendly.
The views from our terrace outside were spectacular which overlook I coppis vineyards and olive groves, it is the most beautiful place to sit with some food and a glass of wine or to just sit and enjoy the peace and the views.
In the morning we went to breakfast upstairs which is in Anna's and Alessandro's home. Anna greeted us like we were family and made us feel so welcome, the breakfast was lovely which included bruschettas, italian meats and cheeses, beautiful pastries, Anna's olive oils, freshly made omelettes to order, beautiful coffee and Nicoletas delicious homemade cake. On one morning I didn't make breakfast as I felt poorly but Nicoleta made up a tray of breakfast for me which was a lovely touch.
We had various outings and restaurants booked during our stay and Anna had no problem with offering us lifts to each one. On the morning we left Anna drove us to the bus station after giving us gifts to leave with which were lovely.
The walk into San Gimignano is only about 5 minutes and during that walk you pass a small convenience store, a take away pizza shop and two lovely restaurants, so if you do not want to venture inside the walls of the town you do not have to.
All of Anna and Alessandro's recommendations of places to visit and eat were perfect.
Absolutely nothing is too much trouble for the family and due to the wonderful welcoming stay at I coppi you really do feel that you are living the Tuscan dream.
I would also just like to add that if you are not arriving by car then the public transport from pisa airport to I coppi is quite easy, and there is a bus stop just outside I coppi where there are various buses that travel to other sightseeing places such as florence and Sienna, (not on a Sunday though which is why Anna drove us to the next nearest bus stop on out departure)
It took us approximately 2 hours to get to I coppi from Pisa airport by bus and train which costs roughly £15 per person return so very cost effective and well worth it.
I coppi will not disappoint you and I can't wait to return again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Our first night of a 3 day holiday in Italy, we stayed at I Coppi. It has wonderful rural views and is only a few minutes walk to the old town. The room was big, quiet and immaculate. The best part however was breakfast served by Anna and her Mum. They were so friendly and generous. We enjoyed bruschetta. Omelette, cheeses and meats plus amazing coffee. Followed by Apple cake made by Anna's mum.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I Coppi was one of the highlights of our visit to San Gimignano! Anna, Alasandro, and Anna's mother, Niccoletta, were delightful hosts...we felt like family! We stayed in the lovely apartment that had all the ammenities of home. Anna's breakfasts, coupled with the gorgeous view of the Tuscan hills were wonderful, not to mention the delicious homemade pastries that Niccoletta offered each morning. Ann'a suggestions for restaurant dining each night were perfect and her hospitality was superb.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Anna, the host was very friendly and available for anything we needed. She booked a restaurant for dinner, she drove to the place and she was willing to come and pick us up. Her mother, the next morning, we only staid a night on our way to Cesena to get married, prepared a wonderful breakfast with homemade baked goods which were all excellent. We highly recommend this B&B. Not to nention the view from the driveway. Breathtaking!
Maurizio & Tuki Bartolini

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maurizio B
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a great place to stay, close to San gimignano Go stay at Anna's. The place is amaZing. Great home made breakfast. Ask for the appartment with the entrance on the side. Youll have. Great terrace. Wonderful little place to sleep. Enjoy your stay

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SophieC60
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at I Coppi at the end of November 2013. We were warmly greeted by Nicolletta (Anna's mother) who showed us to our lovely room (more of an apartment since it comes with a kitchen). Nicolletta does not speak much English but one does not need to speak the same language to demonstrate such warm and good hospitality! Anna was not around but she made sure that she checked in with us by phone to see if everything was okay.

As with the other comments here, breakfast is really great. Personally, we had the best coffee in Tuscany here. Mama Nicoletta's apple sponge cake was also superb. We got to meet Anna and her husband, Alessandro, and when we asked about where they produced their olive oil, they drove us there to show us! It was an unforgettable experience for us (coming from the city). We are very grateful and thankful for the kindness and the effort to make our stay comfortable and memorable! Mille grazie Alessandro, Anna and Nicolletta!

• Stayed November 2013