“Almost perfect”
Review of I Coppi

I Coppi
Ranked #6 of 67 San Gimignano B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for one night as part of a week long trip. The views are absolutely beautiful and worth the visit just for that. The B&B was nice enough, basic and comfortable room and bathroom. There were just little touches that seemed to be missing that other places had, like having drinking water in the rooms and a little map of the area. We unfortunately didn't meet Anna until the next morning at breakfast, though her mother gave us a very warm welcome in Anna's absence and we muddled through quite well considering we couldn't speak each other's languages. Breakfast was one of the best we had on our trip - especially the cold meats. The B&B is in a great location, just a short walk to town and San Gimignano was the best place we visited in our whole trip. ICoppi is lovely and worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen H

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Fantastic location, great hosts, excellent typical Tuscan breakfast and hospitality.

Walking distance is 5-min from San Gimignano, great to get away from the crowds, and also close by is small market and pizza for take out or eat in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been staying at I Coppi routinely for over ten years now and could not recommend it more highly. A pleasant five minute stroll from the gates of San Gimignano, it is perfectly situated for easy access to the village whilst offering a peaceful retreat when the crowds of day visitors pack between the city walls. You can relax on the terrace and just soak in the beautiful view of the patchwork rolling Tuscan countryside, and visit the village at your convenience. With a fully equipped kitchen the rooms also mean you can take a break from restaurants and dine simply on pasta or salad, whilst watching the magical countryside slowly darken and the fire flies hover about the olive trees on the hillside below the terrace as you eat and sip a local wine. The rooms are well equipped, extremely comfortable and clean. But best of all there’s Anna and Alessandro and Anna’s mother Nicoletta. They are the perfect hosts, always going out of their way to see you are comfortable and your needs met. They will advise you of where to visit and the best routes, and attend to you with innate hospitality. We got married in San Gimignano 10 years ago and this was the first time we stayed at I Coppi. Anna helped us enormously in finding places to stay for all our guests, booking a hairdresser and directed us to one of the best restaurants, as well as arranging for a car to take us to the Duomo. She gave us the use the beautiful terrace for a pre-wedding gathering the night before and even helped us preparing for the guests. San Gimignano is a wonderful village, and deserves to be seen at all hours, during the quiet evenings as well as during the bustle of the day and for us its magic never wanes with familiarity. But it is eventually I Coppi with lovely Anna, Alessandro and wonderful Nicoletta that keeps on bringing us back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend and I came across I Coppi after spending the day wandering through San Gimignano and were thrilled to find such a wonderful B&B.

Anna and her lovely family made us feel like part of the family and even booked us a restaurant for dinner, drove us to the restaurant and then picked us up again. Breakfast could not have been better - even though we were the only 2 people staying there, there was an abundance of amazing home cooked food. In addition, close proximity to the walls of San Gimignano, free wifi and parking on the premises make it a perfect option.

The views are spectacular and it is just what we wanted from our time in Tuscany. The only shame was that we didn't stay for longer.

I cannot speak highly enough of this little B&B. I have already recommended I Coppi to family and friends and look forward to going back there myself for another visit.

2  Thank Simone P
Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you are deciding between staying somewhere further afield for the full "Tuscan experience" or staying near SG town for easy access/parking - I Coppi will be the answer to your problems. Having come from a wonderful agriturismo in the heart of the countryside in montepulciano, I was initially disappointed that we had to move to a B&B in SG- but when I got to I Coppi, the lovely view of the countryside cheered me up. We were able to enjoy some good wine with our dinner without having to worry about driving (it is a 5min walk).

One of the reasons I am writing this review is Anna's (and her mother's amazing hospitality and breakfast. We were the only guests on a weekday in low season but the breakfast spread was as amazing as everyone here described. Many places would have scaled down their offerings/cut down on quality or quantity but we never got the feeling that we were the only ones they were catering for. Very impressed. Thank you Anna for your driving recommendations around chianti - we hope to return one day!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cerealkiller_sg
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We thought I Coppi was only something conjured in movies but Signora Anna and Signore Alessandro and Anna's mother, Signora Nicoletta showed us that warmth, hospitality, stunning views and great food did exist under the Tuscan sun. Spending a few days in Rome, we used I Coppi as our base for 3 days instead of moving from one hotel to another and from there travelled to Orvieta, San Gimignano, Florence, Siena and finally to Venice. Anna and her family welcomed us to their beautiful home like we were family and made our stay in San Gimignano the highlight of our trip. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious; the breakfasts were feasts and the view was simply out of this world. We were tired upon arrival and she picked up food for us so that we could enjoy a restful dinner in the kitchenette between our rooms. This mother and daughter team prepared awesome breakfasts -- the best bruchettas, croissants, hot chocolate and omelettes and when we left for our day tours, they even sent us packing with juices and pastries. Their recommendations for restaurants and places to visit were impeccable. We highly recommend I Coppi and would like to return in the near future with more of our family and friends -- you rarely find this kind of accommodation and hospitality anywhere in the world.

3  Thank Ada B
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My group originally were bound for a vineyard b&b amongst the mountains but upon our arrival we were told it was closed by the owners as its the low season. They recommended I Coppi so we decided to check it out and we are glad we did!

The views from the house are nothing short of stunning! Anna and her mum made our stay very pleasant with smiling faces and warm welcomes every morning and evening. Anna also helped give us recommendations about what to see in the area and restaurants to eat at and all of them were quality experiences.

The rooms were all clean, wifi was fast and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast consisted of a wide selection of meats, cereals, toast, bread, eggs, juices, coffee and more!

Drinking a bottle of the house wine whilst taking in the amazing views was the icing on the cake at this quality b&b. If you are going to stay in San gimignano this is one place you should definitely check out!

2  Thank Karen M