My wife and I stayed here ten nights. Very clean and well maintained hotel with free parking. Staff is excellent and go out of their way to assist. Hotel owner is onsite every day personally overseeing operations and working himself. Excellent breakfast buffet: fresh fruit, fresh pastries that rival any my wife and I have ever eaten. Pastries are rotated daily so hope you are there when they serve a lemon pastry about 3" in diameter, almost looks like a miniature lemon pie. Oh my goodness, they should serve this for dessert! Also serves six different kinds of ham/salami and two to three different kinds of fresh cheeses. And they have a machine that serves fourteen (yes, 14) different kinds of coffee, all good! I could say more about breakfast but think I have made my point.
Arriving from the east, Florence or Siena, hotel is about one mile before you get to San Gimignano so you don't have the crush of daily tourists to contend with. To eat in a restaurant inside of San Gimignano, I recommend you drive. You can walk on a safe, private road into San G but plan on 20-30 minutes walking mostly uphill. Beautiful views along the way but it does take some time. But, it is downhill on the way back! Bring a flashlight if you plan on walking after dark. That being said, Ristorante da Pode is connected to this hotel and serves excellent local food - we ate here three times and recommend it.
Also note that free WiFi works well in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sovestro has 40 rooms, 28 of which are situated on the ground floor with a small private garden and 12 rooms on the first floor with fitted Balcony .All the rooms have a wonderful view on the countryside of San Gimignano or a suggestive view of our swimming pools.All our rooms have private bathroom with shower, hair-drier, telephone, minibar, safe, TV LCD of 26’’, with Sky Silver programmes and air conditioning or heating. WI-FI free in all the rooms, in common area inside or open-air.We have a private free wide- parking, in the small pinewood, is available only for the hotel- guests.Two are the swimming pools, available for our clients, the bigger allows you to swim, have fun and take the sun, the other one, smaller, is in a very silent and discrete corner of the garden, has a small waterfall for massage and a waterline for a moment of relaxation and sun bathing. … Moreover … We inform you that, we realized a small fitness room available for our clients.The use of the gym is free.We wish you finally to give you a small suggestion to let you enjoy the beauty of our hearth, a beautiful walk, through a path deeped in the countryside, which from Hotel Sovestro leads to San Gimignano, with its towers, in only 20/30 minutes.Furtherore we suggest you to enjoy one of the best Tuscan cuisines in the restaurant “Da Pode”.Once it was a farmhouse and now managed directly from the Failli family, who will invite you to savour the Tuscan-dishes.Monday is the day of rest of the restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Sovestro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sovestro Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Sovestro San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany