Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,030 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is amazing! Very well located! The view is wonderful, at a very nice cost! And close to beatiful cities as San Gimignano, Siena, Volterra, Cecina... A perfect place to stay, but you will need to rent a car!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MARI21091982
Reviewed July 15, 2016

we stayed here for 2 nights and we should definitely been much more. :)

What a nice place to stay and rest and visit other cities. The Voltrona manager is just amazing and has been our salvation taking us to San Gimignano on his own car as we had a problem with our rental.

Will return! That is for sure :)

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have visited Voltrona three times now. We keep going back because the surrounding countryside is so beautiful and it is a very relaxing place to spend time.

The farm is only 10 minutes from the nearest town San Gimignano, where you can use the supermarket to stock up on essentials.

The Good:

The best thing about the farm is it's pool down at the 2nd house (located about 200m from the main building). As we alway stay in this house when we go the pool is right on the doorstep. It is never over crowded because it is only catering for about 8 rooms in the 2nd house and a handful of chalets. The view from the pool is particularly stunning. A great place to spend some time relaxing.

Horsing riding excursions are also available on site. We are complete novices as we have only ever gotten up on a horse when at Voltrona. They are small Icelandic horses and are very easy to ride. We really enjoy going for the hour long ride around the surrounding vineyard.

San Gimignano is one of the most beautiful towns in Tuscany. We have visited many other towns in the region on day trips and have not found another town we like more. There are loads of shops, and some really good restaurants. In particular the Bel Sojourno with its amazing views and excellent food we would recommend.

The Not So Good:

The dinner menu at Voltrona is a little short on choice and the quality of the food varied. Though it was mostly fine. We ate dinner at the farm three nights on our last visit and only one of those I would say was nice (entrecote steak). Though I had the entrecote on another night and it was not nearly as good as the first one. So a bit hit and miss.

No air-conditioning in the rooms mean that you are better off on the ground floor as it will stay cooler. But if you visit during the height of the summer it may still be uncomfortably warm at night.

The 2km dirt track leading to the farm from the main road is extremely rough. You have to travel very slowly in some sections for fear the car might shake to pieces if you go any faster. 4×4 would handle it a lot better than our little Fiat 500 rental car.

To sum up Fattoria Voltrona is a place to get away from it all and enjoy the beautiful Tuscan countryside. It might not have it all but you won't find anything better in the area for the price!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed June 26, 2016

My husband and I stayed at Fattoria Voltrona in May 2016. We chose this farm/resort to have our wedding ceremony and could not have been happier. I worked with Francesco (manager) to coordinate our ceremony and he was amazing. He answered all of my questions via email in a timely matter, planned a romantic dinner for my husband and I after the ceremony and helped us picked a perfect location for the ceremony. Francesco checked in with us and made sure we everything went well. His hospitality made us feel like we were at an old friend's home.

I booked a standard room- the price is reasonable for a clean basic room. Although, I would splurge a little more and book a room with a balcony when we return (hopefully sooner than later). The grounds is BREATHTAKING- 360 degree view of vineyards, trees and beautiful historical buildings. There wasn't a single cable line in sight. The breakfast buffet spread was decent- we always found something to fill us up.

Voltrona and San Gimignano has a special place in our heart. We cannot wait to return someday.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelvirlin
Reviewed June 26, 2016

We had a business meeting nearby so it was a great location for us. The owners also were very friendly and helped us to get around the area. We loved the pool. The views through the window in our room were also great.

Room tip: beautiful room. Great location
Date of stay: June 2016