“Perfect Relaxing Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fattoria Voltrona
New York
“Perfect Relaxing Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My parents had been in Rome for 6 weeks, so we decided to take a short trip to "get out of the city." Fattoria Voltrona was the perfect escape. The rooms were simple, yet comfortable. And the price is very reasonable for what you get. The setting is STUNNING.

We dined at the restaurant each night. The food was good and the service entertaining. They could do a better job of timing each course (my mother was entirely done with her entree before my father and I were even served), but you are in the country! Relax, have some wine, and go with the flow.

Of particular note is Claudia at the front desk. She is very friendly, outgoing and willing to help with the smallest detail.

Their own Chianti (for €6/bottle) was excellent - we left with a case.

We stayed for 2 nights and wish we had booked longer. With such easy access to several Tuscan hill towns, we spent our day out exploring and wish we had booked more time to check out the Fattoria's own property.

Do not miss this place. Have a great time!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms: Room 18 had a great view, and large sitting area where we played cards. Room 14...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SJBinNYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Molndal, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We travelled around in tuscany 7-10 october and found this fantastic nice place close to San Gimignano. We stayed one night and got a nice and clean room, which was very tranquil, good food at the local restaurant with excellent service by the staff

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Anders I
andover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We loved our stay. We wanted somewhere quiet and relaxing for a few days and could noty have picked better.

The setting is simply spectacular - we loved sitting on our balcony just looking at the views. Staff were friendly and helpful.

2 Thank njhandover
Marsascala, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have just came from a vacation with my wife and stayed at this Agritourism. I must say that the location is beautiful, staff are very welcoming and the restaurant offers delicious food at very good prices. On the other hand I was dissapponted with the following and would like to point them out as there is always room for improvement.

Towels are changed every three days and in my opinion this is non sense especially in summer when one uses the pool. The rooms have not television so one cannot stay relax in the room and watch some telly. There is no air-conditioning, I thank god that the weather was not so hot. Internet is very bad and I had to use my data roaming all the time to check my work emails. We are in 2013 guys!!

My biggest dissapointment was that I went there especailly for horse riding and there was no availibilty at the farmhouse and the staff was not able to find an alternative.

Room Tip: Do not accept the room I was given which is located over the reception and in the middle of the stai...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

FattoriaVoltrona, Proprietario at Fattoria Voltrona, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Kind Etienne V ,
thank you for the compliments about the friendliness of the staff , about the great location, about the quality of our food and about the rates we offer. Therefore I would like to integrate your observations with the information that you had received before booking and I want to make as much clear as I can to the entire Tripadvisor´s community and to those who wish to come and visit us.

1 . We do not have television, we have no phone in the room, we do not have towels for the pool and air conditioning in the rooms. However in all the rooms we have fans. The room´s cleaning is every three days but on request may be daily. The wi-fi is free but is only guaranteed at the reception. The digital-band that covers this rural area is not enough to ensure a good connection. All this information is regularly reported on our website, on each publication related with our farm on all comunications sent to the guest during the booking process and on the more general relational issues as well as on many reviews of this community. In any case, these services are not covered and people coming to visit us is more than reasonably informed. In your case, you can find every detail about it in the email that we have sent you prior to your booking.

2 . The availability of horse backriding is subject to requests. We have 12 horses suitable for walks with experienced riders and beginners who work 6 days out of 7 for a maximum of two excursions per day depending on the length, the outside temperature and the weight of the rider. Even the horses observe a day of rest per week and average we are able to offer approx. 85/100 chance to hike every week. I'm sorry you did not find an available hike compatible with your vacation´s plans . We always recommend, to book in advance and you did not do it. So the all week was fully booked from other riders. In the mentioned written confirmation that you received via email, you can easily find all the information and suggestions relating to horseback riding.
Regarding to the avaiablity by others riding centers, obviously we are not responsable.

My suggestion for improving your vacation´s satisfaction is:
- to read the information we or other operators send you;
- to evaluate the services before you book and decide if they are in line with your needs;
- to book in advance especially if you travel during the high season.

Sincerely
Malcolm Leanza
Haines City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My Fiancee and I can't say enough about our stay at Fattoria Voltrona. We live in Florida and had never visited Italy or Tuscany. We were pleasantly surprised and had a wonderful stay at Fattoria Voltrona. The room was exceptionally nice, very clean and very Tuscan. The grounds are beautiful with a lovely view overlooking the farm and grape vines. Breakfast on the Terrace was lovely. The staff were wonderful especially Marco. He spent time giving us information about the area and Italy. Fattoria is about 3 miles from San Gimignano which is a beautiful Tuscan town. I highly recommend staying at Fattoria Voltrona. We will definitely stay there again. Our stay there was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy.

1 Thank Julia M
Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I visited this farm for 3 nights with my boyfriend. It was truly amazing.
We stayed in a room with a balcony, it was in a building far away from the reception, a small walk but it ensured that the nights were absolutely quiet. There was a nice pool, which is an incredible plus, I never been in any other Agriturismo that had a pool.
Our room was small and cute, very rustic. Nothing fancy but perfect for a farm experience.
Every night we ate at the farm restaurant. Their food is very good and cheap compared to the regular prices of the area. The staff was nice, accommodating and friendly. They hire some English speakers, which is wonderful since I am Italian but my boyfriend is not, so it's great to not always have to translate everything =)

The farm location is gorgeous, outside San Gimignano, perfect location for day-trips to San Gimignano, Volterra and Siena!
Sadly the horse rides were all booked out, so I could not try that :(
Oh well, the farm itself was already a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Get a balcony, it's worth it to eb able to sit outside and enjoy the evening's fresh air!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We recently travelled to Italy to visit my wife's family and took a mini holiday to Tuscany. We found this amazing B & B where every aspect of our stay was above expectations and standards. Clean rooms, breathtaking views, delicious food in the restaurant and exceptional customer service. I highly recommend this accommodation to every visitor who travels to San Gimignano or Volterra.

• Stayed May 2013