My parents had been in Rome for 6 weeks, so we decided to take a short trip to "get out of the city." Fattoria Voltrona was the perfect escape. The rooms were simple, yet comfortable. And the price is very reasonable for what you get. The setting is STUNNING.
We dined at the restaurant each night. The food was good and the service entertaining. They could do a better job of timing each course (my mother was entirely done with her entree before my father and I were even served), but you are in the country! Relax, have some wine, and go with the flow.
Of particular note is Claudia at the front desk. She is very friendly, outgoing and willing to help with the smallest detail.
Their own Chianti (for €6/bottle) was excellent - we left with a case.
We stayed for 2 nights and wish we had booked longer. With such easy access to several Tuscan hill towns, we spent our day out exploring and wish we had booked more time to check out the Fattoria's own property.
Do not miss this place. Have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by extensive gardens with fishing pond and outdoor pool, Fattoria Voltrona offers country-style rooms 6 km from San Gimignano centre. Vespa scooters and fishing equipment can be rented on site. The on-site restaurant serves authentic homemade Tuscan dishes. Dinner is served every evening in the barn, or under the stars on the terrace. Simply furnished rooms at the Voltrona have tiled floors and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower. Volterra is 23 km away, while Siena is reachable by car in 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Fattoria Voltrona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Voltrona Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattoria Voltrona San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany