I have just came from a vacation with my wife and stayed at this Agritourism. I must say that the location is beautiful, staff are very welcoming and the restaurant offers delicious food at very good prices. On the other hand I was dissapponted with the following and would like to point them out as there is always room for improvement.
Towels are changed every three days and in my opinion this is non sense especially in summer when one uses the pool. The rooms have not television so one cannot stay relax in the room and watch some telly. There is no air-conditioning, I thank god that the weather was not so hot. Internet is very bad and I had to use my data roaming all the time to check my work emails. We are in 2013 guys!!
My biggest dissapointment was that I went there especailly for horse riding and there was no availibilty at the farmhouse and the staff was not able to find an alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by extensive gardens with fishing pond and outdoor pool, Fattoria Voltrona offers country-style rooms 6 km from San Gimignano centre. Vespa scooters can be rented on site. The on-site restaurant serves authentic homemade Tuscan dishes. Dinner is served every evening in the barn, or under the stars on the terrace. Simply furnished rooms at the Voltrona have tiled floors and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower. Volterra is 23 km away, while Siena is reachable by car in 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Fattoria Voltrona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Voltrona Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattoria Voltrona San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany