Down a bumpy gravel Rd. We were made to feel that we should be grateful of such a place. We were not shown the room. Walked in and found a cockroach crawling on the floor. Killed it. Shower and toilet were in separate rooms and were no more than a cupboard size each. Had to sit sideways on the toilet. Water quality was shocking. Grey silt was sitting in basin and shower floor. It was mixed with the tap water. We were hot and tired and took it, but really it was totally over priced and inadequate. Found another roach the next day. Had to ask for poison and were told that we were on a farm. That's how it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by extensive gardens with fishing pond and outdoor pool, Fattoria Voltrona offers country-style rooms 6 km from San Gimignano centre. Vespa scooters and fishing equipment can be rented on site. The on-site restaurant serves authentic homemade Tuscan dishes. Dinner is served every evening in the barn, or under the stars on the terrace. Simply furnished rooms at the Voltrona have tiled floors and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower. Volterra is 23 km away, while Siena is reachable by car in 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Fattoria Voltrona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Voltrona Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattoria Voltrona San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany