I have been for 4 days at Fattoria Voltrona. LOVELY!
The view is like a little paradise and everything in the farm looks like the perfect Tuscan landscape. It is clear the care used by the farmers to keep the land in that way that everithing seems natural but of course it is not...I mean the land needs a lot of work and you can see it.
At dinner time is easy to socialize since everyone eat at the same table and the food makes the rest. Big pasta and salami or vegetables with grilled meat. Simply but genuine.
The rooms are also simply but you can find everything you need for a good value rate.
The staff is friendly and helpful if you need to organize the day visiting one of cities around the farm, San Gimignano, Volterra, Siena and Florence.
I would suggest this place to anyone who is in love with the nature!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by extensive gardens with fishing pond and outdoor pool, Fattoria Voltrona offers country-style rooms 6 km from San Gimignano centre. Vespa scooters can be rented on site. The on-site restaurant serves authentic homemade Tuscan dishes. Dinner is served every evening in the barn, or under the stars on the terrace. Simply furnished rooms at the Voltrona have tiled floors and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower. Volterra is 23 km away, while Siena is reachable by car in 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fattoria Voltrona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Voltrona Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattoria Voltrona San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany