“Beautiful!”

Beconcini Tuscan Handmade
Ranked #7 of 30 Shopping in San Gimignano
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 50 years we have carefully selected the most beautiful tuscan art ceramics. Ours are unique items, wholly hand-painted, particularly suitable to adorn your house or to enrich your table decorations. We are located in the heart of the historical centre and we sell also books, postcards, souvenirs and religious pieces (in ceramic and wood). WE SHIP ALL OVER THE WORLD.
Newnan, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Beautiful artistry and in a charming setting! Worth visiting and taking in the sights for yourself!
Well worth a trip to this beautiful area! Friendly people and lovely collectibles.

Visited October 2011
15 Thank Noel S
FabioBelli, Proprietario at Beconcini Tuscan Handmade, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you Mrs Noel for your words about our products and about me.
Waiting for your next trip in this town hoping to see you again.

Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Worth seeking out”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

As you walk up the main street of San Gimignano there are many lovely shops selling hand painted pottery. We stopped at one with thousands of items, and though overwhelmed, priced out some pieces. We didn't love these enough to buy, and fortunately found our way to Beconcini at the top of the hill, in the quiet of a small courtyard. This tiny shop was filled with a beautiful selection, and the owners quietly helped us create a set, at lower prices and with much lower shipping costs than the other shop. Their website, I noticed, has the same prices we paid. The owners were very warm and friendly, and now that we are home, we are so happy with our choices. Thank you Fabio!

Visited July 2012
22 Thank Beth M
FabioBelli, Proprietario at Beconcini Tuscan Handmade, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Beth M,
thank you for choosing our shop.
I appreciate you noticed in our shop lower prices, shipping cost and high value pieces.
We are proud to help people choosing the best for them.
The most important things for a seller is the happiness of the customer.
All the best things for you.
Fabio
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Beautiful shop in an enchanting town”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This shop is wonderful! I visited a couple of years ago and I purchased some bowls and plates and I have enjoyed them so much, I wish I had bought more! Not only are they attractive as decorative collectibles, they are high quality pieces that are extremely durable and I use them every day! True treasures! The shop is stocked with many varieties of styles typical to this area. If you are interested in ceramics and the history of Tuscany in general, this shop is a 'must see'! The owner is very good at communicating if you want something shipped and he has some really nice large pieces that are gorgeous! An extra bonus is, if you REALLY want to learn the history of this magical city, the owner is very personable and will impress you with his knowledge and love for the history of San Gimignano and his enthusiasm is infectious! You will learn more from him about the fantastic city than from any guidebook! Must visit this shop!!!

Visited October 2011
18 Thank bgdiver
Dear Madam,
thank you for writing a review after a long time from your purchase.
Great you enjoy our decorations and I'm very happy to verify the durablity of our ceramics.
Last but not least I appreciated your words for me and I'm glad to have been helpful for the knowledge of the area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Italy trip”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited San Gimignano Italy and purchased a handmade tray at Beconcini Tuscan Handmade Store. After we returned home, we purchased an additional 4 trays from them on their internet site. Very good to do business with, friendly, and good comminication via e-mail. Excellent job of shipping our items to insure that there was no breakage of any items.

Visited June 2012
20 Thank Albert K
FabioBelli, Proprietario at Beconcini Tuscan Handmade, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear customer,
the most important review for us is that you came back to our shop and in fact, you did it.
Beconcini is one of the first in San Gimignano selling tuscan ceramics.
Our activity exists already since 1965 and I'm the third generation who runs the shop.
For us the most important thing is that our customers are satisfied.
I'm very content and hope to meet you again.
With kind regards.