Review Highlights
Two excellnt days in Tuscany!

After getting quotes from a couple of companies that we thought were very expensive, another guide... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
clhuhman
Saint Peters, Missouri
A Great Way to Experience Tuscany

Claudia at Tuscanyex was an excellent referral from our hotelier Roberto at Locanda Viana. We went... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2018
Sognidoro7
Los Angeles, California

All reviews insightful information chianti wine tour home town tuscan lunch tuscany tour cooking class day trip bread claudia margheri itinerary lucca route countryside tours knowledge art
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Claudia Margheri was our guide for two days in the Tuscan countryside and she mapped out a route for us on the 3rd day. She was outstanding. Not onlydid she seem to know everything about the area, but also she was so much fun to be with. She brought us treats and took us to little out of the way places and pointed out local artisans for us to visit after she left us. I learned so much while having a great time.The advice she gave us for day we weren't with her was spot on. Although she is from the San Gimignano area, she seemed to know all the other towns we went to just as well. I would tell anyone visiting the area to use her. She went well above and beyond. I know when we go back, we will definitely spend time with her.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed June 1, 2015

During my visit in San Gimignano, the helpful staff at Hotel La Cisterna booked a cooking class for me with Tuscany Ex. The cooking class took place in a nearby farm house. They also provided transportation to and from the hotel. Not only did I learn how to make fresh pasta, a delicious beef stew and the Cantuccini Al Vinsanto (a variation of biscotti), I also received an informative walking tour of the historical sites of San Gimignano as part of the package. Both the walking tour guide (Claudia) and cooking instructor (Laura) were friendly and welcoming. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences I had during my visit to Florence this summer. I highly recommend it.

Date of experience: May 2015
margitgreat, Direttore at TuscanyEx, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2015

Dear Betty,

It was a real pleasure to meet you and your sister in San Gimignano. Our team thanks you for your appreciation and hope to incentivate our services to everybody liking a direct link with the local culture and traditions! All the best to you and your family. Claudia

Reviewed March 25, 2015

This is a full day tour with walking through the cities,but achievable and not exhausting,this tour was with Caf tours and we were very pleased to see our guide was once again Valerie Pizzera,she is excellent,friendly and has vast knowledge of all areas visited in this Tuscany tour,Siena and San Gimignano are everything you read about them,and what you wish to see in Italy,Siena is a large city but you are taken through the most interesting section,and we were taken to a quintessential Italian restaurant for a magnificent four course meal with wine etc,San Gimignano is a small city and easy to find your way around and after a smaller tour with your guide you are left to wander through the city by yourself to discover all it has to offer,a word of advice,ALWAYS keep your reciepts,I had a cup of tea and cake in the bar Firenze with the tour guide,paid for it before i drank it,after we left the bar/cafe we heard yelling and it was the owner waving his arms and chasing after us,he thought I had left without paying the 3 euro cost,he did not speak English,but wonderful Valerie Pizzera soon sorted it out after showing him my receipt,many apologies and the poor man went back to his cafe/bar crestfallen,just another travel adventure memory that made us laugh,

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed August 18, 2014

As a former travel agent, I know the importance of finding the right person to make sure the details of a vacation work out. As a repeat client of the Hotel La Cisterna in San Gimignano, I trusted their link to Tuscany Ex, where I found Claudia's company listed. I contacted her months in advance and she was able to set up the various excursions our group wanted. Claudia was able to handle all the demands of our large group's experiences for the week we were in Tuscany:(wine tours to Chianti, Montalcino, trips to Siena & Firenze , and even a cooking class but we saw that she can accommodate even small groups traveling as well. She delivered 100% on everything we requested and provided us with top notch arrangements. Her knowledge of Tuscany and her connections to the locals really made a difference! The drivers/guides she connected us with (Giacomo and Marialuisa) were wonderful and provided us with so much information we were just amazed at all of their knowledge! By the end of our week we felt like we were truly all friends and connected! Fantastico Claudia! It was because of her, our trip surpassed our expectations!!!!

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our group of 16 stayed at a villa in the heart of Tuscany from July 12-19, 2014. A few months prior to our trip, on a recommendation from a Tuscan hotel concierge, we contacted Claudia from Tuscany Ex for help with planning our daily excursions. Our group had some common "must see" things- Siena, San Gimignano, Florence and wine tastings in the Chianti and Brunello Regions. But it soon became clear that our best recourse was to let Claudia suggest the things to see and do. We were not disappointed. Claudia arranged for tours throughout Tuscany that were essentially private for our party. The drivers that she provided were better than tour guides. She added side trips to small museums, roadside dining, wineries, and even a cooking class, that proved to be both charming and informative. Her local and historical knowledge proved extensive and invaluable. After a day or so, Claudia was more than a travel agent. She became part of our group. And her willingness "to go above and beyond" for the spur-of-the-moment requests from our diverse group contributed to making our Tuscan experience one of our best vacations ever.

Date of experience: July 2014
2  Thank Paul W
margitgreat, Direttore at TuscanyEx, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Me and my collegues want to thank the group Wolownik & Saumsiegle made of 16 people. We have worked in full friendship which made this great experience a splendid occasion of human achievment . I am thankful to all of them.