We arrived by car, slightly perturbed at the number of tourists we had to wade through to get to the central square where the hotel is located, but it was well worth it. Previous reviewers have commented on this and it is true that you have to park your car down the hill in one of the car parks but so what?..if you want to be in a great location it is no big deal. We were so happy to be there we booked another night and so glad we did. St Gimignano is a wonderful place, buzzing and vibrant. We were lucky enough to visit on Market Day, Thursday. And what a sight to wake up to as the square was filled with stalls, covered over by huge canopies..we hadn't even heard them setting up below our window, the triple glazing is so effective!
I usually love peace and quiet but I found it a real treat to be in the midst of the action. The hotel is lovely, clean and traditional in decoration. The staff are friendly, accommodating and helpful, we could not fault the room, (just don't expect tea and coffee making facilities) the breakfast was just fine with a lovely terrace to enjoy. All in all a great experience..would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A holiday at Hotel Leon Bianco, ancient hotel run by the same family for more than thirty years, is a step back in time: it is located in one of the most beautiful squares of the historical center, Piazza della Cisterna, inside an ancient palace surrounded by majestic towers of the Middle Ages.The Leon Bianco has maintained the fascination of its ancient origins: the simplicity that binds to the taste and to a warm welcome.Guests staying at the hotel Leon Bianco enjoys the best location, right in the heart of the historic center, to revive the atmosphere of the medieval village and to be able to explore San Gimignano, its typical little streets, the beautiful fortress of Montestaffoli, and all the wonders that this town offers then, he is in the position to visit the most important cities of Tuscany.At dispousal of our guests also a jacuzzi 5 sitz in the terrace, a fitness and a billiard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Leon Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leon Bianco Hotel
- Leon Bianco San Gimignano
- Hotel Leon Bianco San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany