“Wine degustation with accommodation”
Review of Tenuta Torciano

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Tenuta Torciano
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Wine degustation with accommodation”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you are in Tuscany, you have to stop for wine tasting. On our way to San Gimignano (beautiful historic town) we choose to stop in nearest village Ulignano. There is nice winery Tenuta Torciano, where you can go just for degustation or you can try our way light dinner with degustation. We tried 9 kinds of wine, extra virgin olive oil, truffle oil and 30 years old balsamic acid. Winery has just some rooms, but can provide more accommodation in village. We slept in winery, in nice small house made in old fashion romantic style. Our friends stay in some beautiful farm house and they were very satisfied. Dinner and breakfast were delicious, just there were not enough food for dinner...4 courses, but not enough...Staff was nice, wine very tasty and tartuffo oil the best. We have lot of nice memories :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucia J
Pierluigi G, Proprietario at Tenuta Torciano, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear friends, thanks so much for all the nice compliments, I'm glad you enjoyed staying here in the Winery and that you have brought with you many beautiful memories, for me it was the same.
I am really glad that you loved our wine and truffle oil, and I hope you will come back to visit us again, not only for a wine tasting but also for a cooking class. I, my family and the staff will be awaiting for you again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I went on a Holland America cruise last year... one of their tours was lunch at this wonderful vineyard... the wine was amazing also their Truffle Olive Oil... nothing like it on this earth... we are Kiwi's we loved the hospitality ... laughed and felt so much at home... we are telling everyone experience this treasure on earth... Great Wine.. food and folk...
ivan and caroline cribb New Zealand

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ivan and Caroline,
many thanks for all the beautiful words and compliment, I am very happy that you enjoyed staying here at the Winery. I’m glad that you loved my wine and also the truffle olive oil. I’ll be happy if you will come visit us again with your family and friends, for a new wine tasting together.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not sure why I haven't reviewed the beautiful Tenuta Torciano before now. I visited there nearly four years ago and had an experience of a lifetime! We had a daylong visit through the Tuscany region visiting Pisa and many hilltop cities such as Siena and San Gimingnano. Upon our arrival we were greeted my the most picturesque landscape I've ever seen in my life! Pierluigi greeted us in the courtyard immediately welcoming us to his beautiful Tenuta Torciano! Everything I know about wine, Luigi taught me that day! From the different types of grapes, how they're grown, how the weather effects the grapes, to how the wine is made to the different flavors (cherry, chocolate, etc.) you smell in the wine. (Still always smelled like wine to me, LOL) There was a beautiful tasting spread including lasagna, proscuitto and cheeses to pair with our wines......delicioso!!! As most people who visit Italy I must say that part of it is now in my blood. Especially that particular area. That day in San Gimingnano I knew I'd made an instant friend in Luigi and I still communicate with him from time to time on Facebook. He's warm, inviting and just downright funny!! I've sent friends to Tenuta Torciano and all of them have had extraordinary experiences as well and thanked me for sending them in his direction! I cannot imagine that there is a more entertaining wine tasting experience in all of Tuscany. If you're with PierLuigi Giachi at Tenuta Torciano, you're in the right place!! Their Chianti is by far my favorite still and I still have one more bottle left for a very special occasion. Thank goodness I can order more!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KimH925
Pierluigi G, Direttore at Tenuta Torciano, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Kim,
thank you very much for your review, I am very happy that you have learned many things about wine thanks to my wine tasting. Produce wine for me is a passion and I'm always happy when I can convey my passion to my friends. I am happy that we continue to hear about Facebook and I hope that after so many years, I will have the pleasure to have you back again in the Winery, to spend another great day together! Ciao
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went in Torciano last Jen. with some friends and we had a great time having lunch and a spectacular wine tasting in a very familiar place with warm and nice people. I suggest this experience to everyone that like wine good food and want to see one of the most beautiful parts of the Chianti country side area.
The farm is located in Ulignano a little village four miles from the medieval town of San Gimignano, if you go there don't miss to visit this place

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for all this beautiful words; I’m very glad that you and your friends enjoyed staying here and the wine tasting. I’m happy that you loved my Chianti and hope that you will return soon here in Tuscany and visit me again for a new wine tasting experience or a cooking class.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Bringing students and other travelers to Pier Luigi's vineyards is always a highlight! Lots of laughs, good food and great wine. This is my 7th visit to the vineyards and I'm always pleasantly surprised by how much our travelers love it and continue to talk about it as one of the trip's highlights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbara,
many thanks for your fantastic review and your kind works, I’m glad that every time that you come visit me you have fun! Hope to see you soon again, for another great time together.
Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a blast at this vineyard! The wine and food were fantastic! Would definiltey reccomend this experience to everyone. Be sure to do the wine tasting and cooking class. The truffle oil and balsamic vinegar were fabulous as well! Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
My dear friend,
thank you so much for your kind words, I'm very happy that you enjoyed staying here in the Winery and had fun during the wine tasting and cooking class. I, my family and the staff hope to see you soon here in Tuscany, for a new fantastic experience I hope that you have the same beautiful memories ad I have, and I, my family and the staff will be awaiting you again here in Tuscany.
I'm glad that you loved my wine, truffle oil and balsamic vinegar. Ciao
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Despite what my "when did you travel" choice says (there is no option for last year) - This winery and wine tasting was SO good that I'm writing a review a year later!!!! We were on a cruise in Sept, 2011 and didn't want to do the standard Livorno/Florence stop - opted for the wine tasting trip and what a fabulous choice that as for us!!!!!

Tenuta Torciano is the prettiest winery and Pierluigi makes the tasting the most fun ever as well as the beauty and body of Tuscan wines and olive oils - amazing experience!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple