“Wonderful Hotel”

Hotel L'Antico Pozzo
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in San Gimignano
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Hotel L'Antico Pozzo was an adorable recently renovated hotel right on the main walking street in San Gimignano, all the great sites were within a short walking distance. The rooms were nice, clean and the bathroom was very nice and updated. The staff was very helpful with ideas of things to do, restaurant reservations and they were prompt when additional requests were made such as an additional pillow. The rooms had individual A/C which is always a plus in Italy in the summer months. I love, love, love this hotel and would happily stay here again. I recommend following the directions on the website to park in the parking lot #2 and taking the free shuttle into town, the shuttle drops off right in front of the hotel which was perfect and there is no way I would have wanted to back up down that narrow walking street just to drop off luggage. I highly recommend this hotel and it's location, and San Gimignano was a very sweet, quaint Tuscan village full of rich history. Enjoy!
Lauren

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank vicenzagirl

Reviewed August 7, 2007

We loved our stay at this hotel. Booked a Superior room and worth every penny. HUGE, beautiful room. The large space was such a luxury considering our other Italian hotel rooms were much smaller. Everything about our stay here was enjoyable, not one single negative thing to say. Hotel staff was very friendly and the town is just lovely. I do think, however, that a two-night stay in this town is enough. I think I would have become bored if we had stayed longer. We had a great time browsing and shopping the town. We spent much time outdoors; the views from the town is spectacular.

Stayed: October 2004
2  Thank jgrigs
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We stayed at L'Antico Pozzo for one night at the peak of the tourist season in July. It was a wonderful quiet haven from the busyness of the town and our room was simply beautiful. When we arrived harp music was being played in the courtyard outside that we could hear in the room; the whole experience was lovely. Also the hotel made excellent suggestions for restaurants for dinner. One restaurant around the corner served the best meal we had in two weeks in Italy. I would recommend L'Antico Pozzo highly.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank TorontotoItaly2007
Reviewed July 29, 2007

You couldn't ask for a better hotel!

There is no driving in the city but you can drive to it's doorstep to unload. Once you get into the city (there's only one road going in), you just make a left onto the main street and the hotel is a few hundred feet on the right side of the street! Then you will have to back up to the intersection and go back down the street you just entered on, make a left, and park in the city parking lots.

If you are physically able, when it's time to leave, it's much easier to just take your luggage and walk back to the parking lot (instead of trying to drive in) because the walk TO the parking lot is all downhill.

The hotel itself is lovely! We were in a double room that overlooked the town's rooftops and the hills beyond. We watched the sunset from our window - the hotest show in town! Our bathroom was modern and everything worked very well!

The breakfast was wonderful and had alot of variety - meats, cheeses, breads, yougurt, cereals, fruit, coffee, tea, juice. The room where they serve breakfast is beautiful with opera music playing VERY softly in the background. Even the table setting was wonderful.

Elisabetta checked us in and was taking care of breakfast the next morning. It was so wonderful to finally meet her after emailing for so long! You couldn't ask for a nicer person and she was very helpful to us during our stay...giving directions and getting us whatever we needed.

There is a restaurant in the main square that has wonderful lasagna at a reasonable price. From the doorway make a right and head to the Piazza Duomo. As soon as you enter, look to your right and you will see a road in front of you that runs down the right of the Duomo. Get onto that road and you will see Caffe delle Erbe on the right. I have attached a picture of this place as well.

I would definately stay here again and send everyone I know to this hotel...

I hope some day I am able to get back to San Gimignano and this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank travel-n-scrapbookit
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We completely enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It was very conveniently located to all the major and minor sites we wanted to visit. The hotel "familia" was extremely helpful yet not intrusive. We stayed there for 5 days and never ran out of things to do in town during the evening. The restaurant suggestions were extremely helpful and all were excellent choices. We would highly recommend staying at the hotel and would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jgrapecorner
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Absolutely beautiful hotel in an excellent location within the walls of San Gimignano. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2007

My husband and I traveled all over Italy and my most favorite accomodation was Hotel L'Antico Pozzo. We found the staff warm and friendly and extremely helpful. The room was lovely and the breakfast was more than we had anticipated it would be. The location was perfect as it is tucked off the main road and very clean, elegant and comfortable. I've read that you should make San Gimignano a day trip, but I disagree. My time there was the most relaxed I felt - I think ever and the hotel was lovely and really made my time there special.

Stayed: November 2006