“A pleasant find”

Ristorante Pizzeria Fuori Porta
Ranked #60 of 128 Restaurants in San Gimignano
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near the towers of San Gimignano chef Ugo, returnedfrom a twenty-years experience, prepare for you delightand reinterprets the flavors of true Tuscan cooking withenriching products.Also you can delight with delicious fish dishes, vary seaspecialties and Mediterranean fruit all surronded by greatclassic red and white wines of the area.The restaurant Fuori Porta with the large lounge and thebeautifull veranda, is glad to welcome you for lunch dinnerand birthday for suggestic moments. We wait for you.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We found this restaurant on our first evening in San Gimignano. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. Between the 4 of us we ordered a wide variety of dishes and they were all really good. Would recommend this restaurant, it is worth walking round the corner for and it is competitively priced too.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We dropped on the pizzeria by chance as it is round a corner from most of the other eating places. We were not disappointed. Service was good and the pasta was excellent. Wine was good too. The place was full of Italians too - a good sign that this is a good place to eat. Would recommend

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

As vegetarians the selection in Italy is minimal and that is understandable. This is why we always make sure that whenever ordering we make sure that there is no meat or fish whatsoever in any dish that we order. My wife is full blooded Italian and was born there so it wasn't like there was a language barrier.

We ordered the Bruschetta with Toscana sauces. (this was the translation in the menu). My wife asked if there was any meat or fish in the dish and the server said "no". After taking a bite my wife spit the food out and we immediately told the server nicely of the situation. There was no apology or nothing else offered. We just got a blank look and he replied, "Oh it's usually not there." After receiving our meals we noticed that we were the only table that didn't receive any bread or the caddy of olive oil and vinegar. Finally the server just happened to pass our table and my wife had to say excuse me twice to get his attention to ask for what is typically served in all restaurants Italy. The ravioli I had was good but the portion was small and the rest of the food tasted mediocre.

After receiving the bill we noticed that they charged us for the Bruschetta that had meat. I was shocked and my wife nicely said to the server that she felt that it should not have been on the bill. It was the principle of trying to make it right and nothing was done at all, not even an apology. The server only said, " Fine then"very rudely. As we left, not even a goodbye. It was like they were doing us a favour by them serving us and us eating there. I do not recommend this restaurant, even if you are not a vegetarian!

1  Thank Atish P
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A lovely large pizza (they also do glute-free but I think it's a bought in one) standard prices around €8 which is great and not hiked up because of the place. Nice atmosphere and just a walk outside the wall to the place.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was snowing when we arrived in San Gimignano, some places were closed and this restaurant was recommended by somebody from the other closed restaurant. This place was not very far from the city wall, and we're able to park in front of the restaurant. The decor was simple and the bar was average, but local people that came in and out looked very satisfied plus the smell of food was so inviting. I had the salmon for appetizer and it was so delicious, never expected it to be that good. It was like ceviche style, the salmon was so light, tender and the addition of the red seeds gave it the crunchy texture; this combination made a perfect dish. It was so good that I had to give compliments to the chef. The price was average, and I wouldn't mind going back there again.