“A True Tuscan ( not tourist) experience.”

Trattoria La Loggia
Ranked #48 of 130 Restaurants in San Gimignano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is based on high quality products and typical Tuscan " excellence " mostly produced by local firm or directly by small organic farmers from the surroundings . We are specialized in 100 % organic " Bruschette " ,tuscan style pasta,soups,local sheep cheese,hams an salami ,tuscan meats,fresh salads and ancient varieties of thomatoes . Due to the limited tables availability clients (people) are kind recomended to reserve in advance (by phone or e-mail).
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our host who lives just outside of San Gimignano, recommended this restaurant as a place that the local Tuscans dine. When we entered, we were greeted by one of the owners, Filippo, with a smile and told to sit where we we would like. We chose the patio. Antipasti course was Pecorino Al Forno (Sheep Cheese cooked in the oven) this dish when served was bubbling hot and ready to be served over fresh bread.
We were amazed as we sat and watched numerous other patrons come in that that this was truly a local restaurant. We were the only ones on the restaurant speaking English, yet Filippo spoke perfect English and was happy to make recommendations for our meal. He was spot on. Our meal was fabulous.
My first course was a special, Pici Salsiccia & Porcini- fabulous. My husband had Pappardelle Al Cinghiale- pasta with wild boar and tomato sauce. My main course was Fagioli All'Uccelletto Con Salciccie( white beans & Sausage)- so tasty, I ate every bite. My husband had Stracotto Al Chianti(slow cooked veal cooked on red wine) extremely thin, tender pieces of fork tender veal cooked in a scrumptious red wine sauce. Paired with local wine, our dinner was a true Tuscan dining experience.
For dessert we ordered the tiramisu- truly divine. We will be here for four more days and will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

After our wonderful Tuscan Escapes tour we decided to stay in Siena with our new friends for dinner. Our tourguide Azzura recommended this restaurant because it was a genuine Italian restaurant, as opposed to those awful restaurants situated around the piazza (we had the unfortunate experience of eating at one of these overpriced joints). The meal at La Loggia was SENSATIONAL!! One of the best we had in Italy. A little pricey but worth every euro

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Would not return. Operatic music too loud and staff not particularly interested in our custom. When beef asked to be medium cooked - came back completely rare. Not for me, for my husband. Could not watch him eat it!

am_lo77, Proprietario at Trattoria La Loggia, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Except that we do not have the Operatic music in our local, we do not have music!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we do not have the staff, just me, Filippo, with customers!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The settings of the whole area in the restaurant captured my attention to have my lunch here at Trattoria La Loggia after I did my visits to the places of interests located further up from the restaurant. We were welcomed with warmth before we placed our orders. I started with pecorino al forno (oven-baked sheep cheese) followed by pici with porcini muschrooms and pork sausage which I was amazed by the unique taste of such pasta.The deliciousness of these food still fills my mind whenever I have the craving to eat pasta. The homemade Tiramisu is a must try dessert as it leaves no regrets to whoever has grabbed a taste of the richness of it. It's a great 'pick-me-up' choice. The lunch ended with a small cup of Espresso. All I could comment is this restaurant had served a superb, decent lunch that I'd ever tasted during my seven days' stay in Italy. The service from the owners was unforgettable. The photo shot was a great moment to be remembered having eaten in the restaurant. The scenic view of the exterior with the surroundings adds the cosiness of the restaurant.

1  Thank Ang805
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I just posted a review of another restaurant in San Gimignano, Com Quibus, which my partner found the best food in all of Italy. I agree that it was great food, but thinking about the Ragu at Trattoria La Loggia still makes my mouth water.

The restaurant is casual, with an outside porch area, that is informal but very warm. The restaurant was almost full on Sunday evening, but the manager (owner?) welcomed us with open arms and treated us like family. We had a couple of wonderful appetizers, bread, great house wine and my partner ordered a tomato sauce/pasta dish (being vegetarian). The sauce was basily greatness and perfect to dip the bread and foccaccia into. As previously noted, my ragu was not only the best meal I had in Italy, but I am still dreaming of it.

We stopped in for Cappuccinos the next morning, which were also delicious.

Would recommend to anyone and would return to San Gimignano just so I could stop in here and have another fantastic meal.