“Delicious ice cream and great variety”
Review of Gelateria Dondoli

Gelateria Dondoli
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in San Gimignano
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious ice cream and great variety”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the ice cream so much we visited at least 4 times in our week in Tuscany. We got lucky some days with the queues but it's worth the wait. There's a great range of flavours to suit all preferences and for the quality was very good value. A €2.50 cone with 3 scoops was a good size. Signor Dondoli was out the front most days and was always friendly.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Winner of WHAT..?”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Aside form the gelato being nothing special at all, and actually really heavy compared to a good italian gelato (they use too much cream which covers the flavours),
THE EMPLOYEES HAVE HORRIBLE MANNERS.

I went with my girlfriend who checked the flavours and waited outside in the heat instead of crowding this very small gelateria which always has a line snaking out the entrance.
When I took the gelato outside we realized that what was supposed to be a simple cream based gelato had candid nuts in it. My girlfriend happens to be allergic to nuts and so told them that they had given her the wrong flavour.
Much to our surprise they sneered and said that it was not their problem and that we should have checked the menu better.
Upon review of the menu (which said Saffron Cream) she told the employee that nowhere on the menu did it say nuts (and in the end I checked and she was right).
She came outside very upset and I took the gelato back telling them what I thought of their manners as well as their poorly explained menu only to have ALL the employees tell me off for screwing up my order!!!
The owner, who happened to be very nice, followed me out and apologised profusely to the both of us, saying that the girls should have had better manners.
My girlfriend agreed to a new gelato offered by the owner but was appalled by the fact that a gelateria that got such good reviews, and makes so much money, could treat a customer so badly over a 2 Euro treat.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Gildor1503
NJ
“World Gelato Champion!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I came all the way from NJ to try this gelato and it is out of this world!!! Waited approx 10 minutes, no big deal, to try Bilberry and Mandorla (Almond) and Champage. This gelato is by far the creamiest, tastiest, melt in your mouth wonder.

Sergio, you are the official Master of Gelato! We would love you to open a shop in NJ!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank EscapeChick
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Thankfully it was not so busy when we visited San Gimignano, and we could buy the ice cream without waiting. The ice cream is incredibly good, full of flavor, soft and creamy. We ate our ice cream on the piazza where the gelateria is located, which proved an atmospheric location. Your visit to San Gimignano is not complete without trying this first-class ice cream!

Visited June 2013
“Gorgonzola gelato!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

If someone can make a ice cream with Gorgonzola that actually tastes good ( and tastes like a gelato ) it really deserves its titles. I have tried 6 flavors and only one wasn't superb ( the wild berry was a bit too sweet), the Gorgonzola was a pleasant surprise!

• Visited June 2013