This was our first trip to Tuscany and our first experience with a wine tour & tasting in Italy. The grounds of San Donato were absolutely beautiful and this wife-husband pair really know their stuff!! While the husband was off with potential clients, his wife gave us the full history of the vineyard, the Italian approach to wine making, and the general philosophy to wine in Italy (wine IS food). We were then led upstairs to a private room filled to the brim with locally sourced produce, meats, cheeses and two liters of wine. Probably the most memorable and delicious food experience in Tuscany!!! We'd recommend this lovely vineyard (and its even lovelier owners) to anyone interested in a true Tuscan experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bio agriturismo (farmhouse ) in the medioeval village, center of the Farm, lead by the Fenzi's family.In the green landscape of Tuscany with gardens, swimming pool, park games and tuscan food, for a real vacation in the nature but next to the principal cities of art. There are elegantly restructured rooms and apartments in the respect of the native architectures with furniture ancient and great fireplaces. Restaurant with local products, visit of the vineyards and cellars and wine tasting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fattoria San Donato reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria San Donato Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattoria San Donato San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany