Ways to Experience Piazza della Cisterna
from $78.10
from $206.73
from $95.32
1,535 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Our hotel is on this Piazza. It is so beautiful especially after all the day trippers have gone home. There are about four cafe/bars here. We sat and watched the people go by whilst sipping iced coffee. Totally different to what we expected, black coffee served in a cocktail glass, bit of crema on top and two coffee beans floating. There are two gelaterias in the square both claiming to be the world's best. All I know is they were delicious! The well is in the centre and you can see where the rope marks have worn the stone away over the years. If you can be there early morning or late evening it is the best time. Not so many people about.

1  Thank geniegal
Reviewed July 19, 2017

San Gimignano is one of the most interesting places I've seen Italy and the historic center is the heart of the place. Very nice to sit on the stairs of the fountain in the Piazza or sit in bar/cafe and if you are lucky as we were you can listen to sounds from the past played by a street musician and get in the mood...

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Super spot just go.

I had said all I wanted on the first line but I was told I had to write more. I'm not over happy about that but rules is rules.

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Situated in the heart of beautiful and charming San Gimignano, the piazza is the centre of activity and the place to relax with a drink, a meal and of course, gelato! It is an inviting gathering point and a delightful place to rest and gather strength for the steep walks which adjoin the piazza in all directions.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

This is such a beautiful piazza in the heart of San Gimignano with a lovely well. Some great options for drinks and eats including the Bar la Cisterna. Also two absolutely amazing gelatarias - both of them provided the best quality ice cream that we have ever had in Italy or elsewhere! We stayed in Hotel Leon Bianco on this piazza and loved it!

Date of experience: June 2017