“A beautiful retreat”
other travelers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

dandkowen
Bromley, Kent
“A beautiful retreat”
Reviewed July 19, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My son, Jamie, located this place through Trip Advisor, for himself, my other son & my husband and I. We were very grateful to Steve Pitts for all the tips he provided, including the very detailed directions from Pisa Airport & advice about hiring a car & GPS. He also provide other useful info. regarding places to visit from the base, how long it should take to reach these places and how much time to allow once there. Additionally, there was much guidance for within the property. The location itself is absolutely lovely - with panoramic views and a wonderful swimming pool, as a welcome respite from sightseeing. The property itself, whilst having all the 'mod cons', still retains rustic charm and has a pretty little garden alongside. Definitely exceeded our expectations and highly recommended!

Traveling group: Other
Jul 22, 2015
Thank you for your review of your stay at I'l Granario. Your description of my lovely Tuscan home is how I would like my guests to find it - the mix of rustic charm and all the modern equipment that you need. I am also so pleased that you found the information I provided useful - this is a beautiful part of the world so I like to ensure you see the best of it. To say your stay exceeded your expectations is a huge compliment - thank you. I hope to be able to welcome you back to I'l Granario soon.
Jimmy75_1...
Formby, United Kingdom
“Stunning location.”
Reviewed June 21, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Once again a wonderful holiday at Il Granario. We returned home a week ago having spent an idyllic week relaxing and visiting all of the beautiful towns and cities that are within easy driving distance from the property. This quaint conversion is absolutely perfect if you want a peaceful, tranquil break away from it all - though there’s wi fi there for those who don’t want to be completely cut off from the world. The place is distinctly rustic, very well equipped and spotlessly clean, whilst the pool area is immaculate. The Tuscan scenery from your own terrace is just delightful and the sunsets are to die for. We spent every evening on the terrace with a bottle of wine, taking in the smells of the honeysuckle and those views. The owner Steve is brilliant to do business with, emailing stacks of useful information before you visit and answering any queries promptly. He genuinely wants you to get the best from your holiday and does all he can to assist. This was our second visit and certainly won’t be the last.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful location.
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway
Jun 29, 2015
Welcome back and thank you for a great review. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed the house, the garden and those fabulous sunsets (and with a glass of wine!) Thank you for your kind words about the service I provided - I like to ensure that everything goes smoothly at every stage and its a pleasure for me to be of assistance at any time. It's good to hear that you'll be back - you are very welcome at any time.
ColaFL
Florida
“Absolutely Heavenly!”
Reviewed June 10, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

From our first sight of I’l Granario through to the end of our 3 week stay the term “absolutely heavenly” describes both I’l Granario & our experience staying there.
I’l Granario is a beautiful 2 story, 2 bedroom/2 bathroom vacation home in one of several converted stone farm buildings on the property. The unit has: tile floors; pretty wood beams; fully equipped eat-in kitchen with modern appliances & a good espresso/cappuccino maker; & a living room with a wood burning stove, flat screen TV/DVD player plus a nice selection of DVDs.
The master bedroom has a wardrobe & comfortable queen sized bed. The adjacent large bathroom has a combo tub-shower & a washing machine. There were twin beds in the upstairs bedroom & a nice bathroom with a stall shower. The hot water heater is the “on demand” type so we never ran out of hot water. There’s plenty of room & privacy for 4 people – we had my brother & sister-in-law stay with us for a week & never felt crowded.
Outside is a large patio furnished with tables & chairs where we enjoyed sitting for breakfast, journal writing &/or planning our day. In the evening we often watched the beautiful sunsets over the Tuscan hills. The patio is also a good spot to place the clothes drying rack as the sun & breezes quickly dried our clothes. (Steve, many thanks for the washing machine!)
I’l Granario sits atop a hill off an unpaved road (just drive slowly) with some of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen - snow-capped mountains in the distant background, Volterra on a nearby hill top, rolling hills & pretty buildings down below, breathtaking sunrises & sunsets. The outstanding views are paired with the pleasant sounds of birds (including cuckoo birds!) calling. We often saw pheasant & deer from the unpaved road down to the SP4 road & even wild boar one evening on the SP4 below.
I found I’l Granario to be ideally located for: visits to Volterra (a favorite) & San Gimignano which are each about a 20 minute ride away; day trips to Florence (take Steve’s advice & drive to Certaldo to take the train, don’t drive, into Florence); Siena; the Chianti Region; & nearby hill towns. Coming “home” to I’l Granario after a day out exploring Tuscany was always a delight since it is so pretty, quiet & peaceful.
Steve, the owner was fantastic throughout the reservation process & kept in touch via e-mail throughout our stay. He is very informative, personable, helpful & has a terrific sense of humor. His beautiful home is nicely furnished, well maintained & located in one of the prettiest areas I’ve ever visited. Steve provided plenty of information to us before our stay & an information binder in the house provided all we needed to know about the home, appliances, nearby restaurants & towns to visit on day trips.
My husband & I agree that our stay at I’l Granario was one of the best travel experiences we’ve ever had & we very much look forward to a return visit.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the location & easy access to explore Tuscany.
Liked least: Nothing - I wish we could have stayed longer!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jun 29, 2015
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying in my lovely Tuscan home and it met your expectations of comfort and equipment. Your description of the beautiful surroundings and wildlife are perfect! Thank you also for posting those amazing photos - you are obviously very talented behind a camera lens! I always try to provide the highest level of client service to my guests so your comments about the service I provided to you are very welcome. You know that you will always be very welcome at I'l Granario.
Warm wishes
Hoai N
Beijing, China
“Perfect location for a perfect holiday!”
Reviewed May 14, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed here for 5 nights and it was one of our best holidays. The farm house is well maintained, well equipped with everything you'd need. More importantly, it is in a great location, so peaceful and beautiful surroundings. At the same time, it's still within short driving distance to San Gimignano, where you'd have an excellent choice of restaurants and wine bars, not to mention all the Gelateria. Steve was very helpful sharing with us a lot of local knowledge, directions to places and recommendations for our day trips to Pisa and Florence as well as wine tasting and cooking classes. He was available to help us with any questions we had throughout our stay. Thank you, Steve, for your warm hospitality. The whole family liked it so much that we decided to come back in early July with our friends and their kids. We all are very much looking forward to it!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and caring host
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 18, 2015
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay in I'l Granario. I am so pleased that you found the house met your expectations and you enjoyed the wonderful location. Thank you also for your kind words about the service I provided, it gives me great pleasure to make sure everything runs smoothly during your stay and you enjoy the best that the local area has to offer. I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back in July.
Jojo753
Mold, United Kingdom
“Tranquil, peaceful and very relaxing”
Reviewed May 3, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

This is a perfect setting to discover Tuscany. It has stunning views and the house is very comfortable with all the amenities you would want. Steve was very easy to deal with and provided lots of tips of places to visit and eat when I booked. The house was perfectly described, the beds are amazingly comfortable, and the kitchen has all the modern appliances you would need. There were a few chilly nights so we used the log fire and central heating to keep cosy. I would certainly highly recommend to friends and family.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Jun 29, 2015
Thank you for your review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am pleased to hear you found the house warm and comfortable and you enjoy the scenery. Thank you also for your kind words about the service I provided from the time you booked - its an important aspect of your holiday experience that is a top priority for me. I look forward to welcoming you back to I'l Granario again in the future.
Warm Wishes
Dominic B
Illinois
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed October 28, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We are coming off a short 5 day stay at the property and we couldn't have been happier with our selection. The house is within easy drive of San Gimignano (our most desired city to see) as well as Volterra and several other towns. Siena is an easy day trip also. After the crowds and expense of Venice it was nice to have room here to stretch out and relax, as well as cook some of our own meals to save some money. The communal pool was closed for the season, but we enjoyed amazing sunset views from the pool deck.
The owner is based in the UK (no language barrier) and provided great directions to the house as well as suggestions on what to see and do in the area (a good GPS makes life much easier).
I'm hard pressed to find any negatives. The only two minor things I can think of are:
1. The wifi is satellite based with a monthly limit on data. If you happen to arrive after the allowance is used you'll find the internet speed very slow. Fortunately the limits eased off at night (after 11pm) so we could still get some work done. I know nobody wants to go on vacation to be online, but in my work I can't completely "unplug" so I was reliant on internet to get a bit of work done each day.
2. The entrance road is a bit "adventurous". It's 2.5km of one lane gravel road that you will bottom out your car no matter how slow you drive. We were glad we got the "super" insurance on our rental (would never take my personal vehicle on that road!) To the owners' credit it's a shared road so the condition isn't his fault, but we found it a bit nerve wracking at times.
All in all we had an amazing time and would definitely recommend.

Oct 31, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for your suggestions - when I installed the wifi the 20GB data was sufficient for the usage of my guests. However the increase in the use of on-line devices is placing a strain on that limit so I will be migrating to an unlimited data package this winter in time for the new season. As the internet is provided via satellite, data is much more expensive than telephone line systems, however I recognise that more of my guests do need to keep in touch with family and their businesses so the additional investment is necessary. We do have a maintenance plan for the road and this takes place in the spring. During late summer it shows the signs of wear so needs extra care. I do appreciate that you recognised that it's a shared road but I am very active is ensuring the maintenance is not neglected. I'm pleased to hear so many positive comments about your stay so I'm grateful that you have taken a few moments to share your experience.
Many Thanks.
TotallyRe...
Maine
“Outstanding Country Setting”
Reviewed October 19, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We stayed at I'l Granario for 5 days. We dealt directly with the owner in the U.K. and he provided excellent directions to the place, which would be tough to find even with a GPS. It's a beautiful rural setting about 9Km outside San Gimignano, a walled Tuscan town. From there we took day trips to Siena and towns in the Chianti region. We travelled with friends and other friends from France joined us in the rare, staying in nearby Gambassi Terme. The facility was spotless and comfortable. The pool, shared with adjacent properties Podere Torrecci, was not open this late in the season but looked fabulous. We had a local chef come in one evening to cook a Tuscan style dinner for us. She spoke now english and my Italian was poor but her grandson accompanied her and helped with communication. The meal started with appetizers about 4PM and ended with dessert around 9PM. Lots of wine and shared friendship. Would recommend this location to anyone who wants peace and tranquility as part of the Tuscan experience.

Liked best: Countryside location
Liked least: Rough road to property
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Oct 31, 2014
Thank you for your great review. I am particularly pleased to hear about your experience of the local chef cooking a meal for you. I too have experienced her great food so I would recommend this special (and great value) treat to future guests. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the beautiful setting, it really is something special. I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Warm Wishes
Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing