“set in quiet picturesque countryside”
other travelers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
BinnScott
Orange, Australia
“set in quiet picturesque countryside”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Well located for local sorties and day trips to many cities Il Granario sits on hillside with scenic views towards Volterra. Support and helpful information online and in villa from owner was exceptional. Website description calls this a luxury villa - we wouldn't go that far but it was very comfortable for four adults. An essential for us was laundry facilities having been on the road for several days however advertised clothes dryer was a clothes rack only which was disappointing as description itemised washing machine and dryer. Road access was interesting - we live in rural Australia and are used to rough roads but this was challenging. Go slow, hire a vehicle with good clearance.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: sitting on the terrace, local wine in hand, superb outlook
Liked least: showers leak over bathroom floor
Your age range 50-64
Jun 24, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments about the service I provided. You will have seen from a more recent review that the access road has now undergone repair, I visited a few days ago and can confirm that the road is in much better condition. It is a gravel surface and this is very common in rural parts of Tuscany but it is now much easier to use. I also note your comments about the clothes dryer. It is very unusual for rental properties to provide electric clothes driers as the drying rack combined with the hot weather is normally sufficient to quickly dry washing. I will however update my website to clarify this.
I hope to welcome you again in the future,
Very Best Wishes,
Alf B
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Paradise in Tuscany countryside”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We have just recently returned from our second stay at I'l Granario, set in the spectacular Tuscan countryside, with views and scenery to die for! This is a very comfortable house to stay in, with all necessary modern amenities and comfortably sleeps four adults, with its two bedrooms. A car is a must, however, but allows the towns of Volterra, San Gimignano and Siena to be explored, all of which are well worth a visit. There is a lovely pool area in which you can relax and swim surrounded by panoramic views. Steve the owner goes out of his way to provide first class customer service for his guests and nothing is too much trouble for this very genuine person. We would fully support those other guests who have given this accommodation it's 5 star rating. The 2.5 km gravelled road leading to the property has recently undergone repair work and is now far easier to travel on than was the case last year when we stayed. This was the only minor criticism that others have made of this accommodation, but the recent refurbishment of the gravelled road has now addressed this. We would fully recommend this as an ideal holiday property if staying in beautiful Tuscany.
Mr & Mrs Bean. 15/6/14.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfortable accommodation in beautiful surroundings
Liked least: There was nothing we didn't like.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Jun 24, 2014
Thank you for your review, I was delighted to welcome you back again. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the house and the amazing views. The access road is shared by other property owners and farmers and I have made every effort to improve its condition so I am pleased that the recent repairs made your journey that much easier and you included this in your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Warm Regards
sarge909
Newlyn, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Steve the owner was great to deal with from the beginning to the the end of rental process. Very attentive and available at a moments notice to answer any problems.

The property is extremely well equipped and has everything you would need to support your stay. The location is set in the middle of the Tuscan countryside and within comfortable traveling distance of the major tourist attractions in the area.

There are a number of other properties adjacent to the rented house, but they were empty during our stay (early in the season) which was fine our group. It will obviously get busier later in the season which may not suit everyone.

The sunsets were spectacular. The swimming pool was cold although not surprising given the time of year. The drive to the house some 2.5km off the main road is a challenge.

All in all a super holiday and real value for money

Your age range 50-64
May 18, 2014
Thank you for your great review, I am pleased to hear you found my home met your expectations and its always a pleasure to fully support my guests. I can reassure future guests that only four of the properties are rented, the Italian owners of the others do visit occasionally, especially at weekends, but most of the year it is as you experienced. Yes, that road needs to be driven along carefully and its not untypical of roads to rural properties in Tuscany. However it is worth the slight inconvenience to get to such a wonderful setting. I have been negotiating with the other users of the road to have it completely resurfaced so improvements are on the way! Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I appreciate your helpful feedback. Very Best Wishes,
JohnSalt
John Salt
“Incredible Owner Support For a Lovely Property”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

As many others have said this is a lovely property with all of the amenities and very close to many tourist destinations and shopping areas. The home is comfortable and clean. If you read all of the other 5 star ratings for this property you will know how we felt about our stay.

What most impressed us is that the owner (Steve) bends over backwards to accommodate. We had originally planned to visit in 2012 but personal circumstances (a very bad accident the day before we were to leave and a week before we were to be in Tuscany) had us cancelling. Rather than just keeping our money Steve did everything he could to rent the property. He was successful and only charged us a nominal admin fee. Incredible!! We were able to travel in 2013 and were not disappointed. Once you arrive you will find extensive information packages prepared by Steve that tell you everything you need and everywhere you might want to go. If you are looking for a beautiful location, a clean and comfortable accommodation and an owner who understands customer service you need to visit and stay at this property.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Uwe N
Acworth, Georgia
“You will ove this place - perfect Tuscan vacation villa”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Please see my earlier review - you will not be disappointed by this villa. Great setting with beautiful views, quiet, well equipped. Excellent support by the owner Steve Pitts. Good starting point for trips to Florence, Pisa, Volterra and San Gimignano.

Liked best: Surrounding countryside
Liked least: Gravel road to property
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Oct 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed i'l Granario. Since your stay I have had all the shrubs at the front and side of the private garden removed or cut very low to open up those gorgeous views. I hope that one day you will return and I will be able to welcome you back to this beautiful part of Tuscany.

Warm Regards

Steve Pitts
UweLN
Trophy Club, Texas
“Wow - nice villa with all amenities in a beautiful Tuscan setting”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here with another couple. We had a great time. The villa is really far out in the countryside - over 10 km from the next villages. And the last 2 km you have to drive on a in parts very bumpy gravel road. But the view from the villa across the countryside is breath taking. In the distance you can even see the ancient village of Volterra - a "must see" location during a stay at I'l Granario.
The villa itself is well equipped with everything you need during a stay. However, you better learn to prepare your morning coffee with an Italian espresso maker. Not really difficult - but different. Downstairs you also a living room with TV and DVD player and one bedroom (with a King sized bed) and bath. Upstairs you have another bedroom (two beds side by side) and another bathroom. Linen and towels are there - but if you come in the summer time better bring also some towels for the pool (which was already closed for the winter when we arrived) .
Don't forget to bring a flashlight - it gets very dark out there in the countryside. But it is also wonderful quiet.
I'l Granario is a good starting point for tours - to the wonderful cities of Florence, Siena or Pisa and also to the nearby villages of San Gimignano and Volterra. Both a must see during a stay in I'l Granario. In the center of San Gimignano you find also the best ice cream store - a multiple world ice cream champion (didn't even know that something like that exists). Delicious.
Steven Pitts is an excellent owner - he prepares you with all the necessary info before your arrival. And he his answers all the questions you may have. If we come back to Tuscany we definitively try to stay at I'l Granario again.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Gravel road to property
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Picfire
Pickering
“Good location to see surrounding towns”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

This cottage is well located to see many towns and cities around the Tuscany area. A nice cottage that sleeps 4 comfortably with 2 full bathrooms. Although the property has an expansive view this units view is limited by bushes so we found we had to pack up and move to the pool area each evening. The cottage is well equipped with all of the amenities and the beds are very comfortable and the showers work well. Directions to the property were excellent but once on the long (very rough) driveway we had trouble finding the actual unit. This is a rental unit amongst several other units where the actual owners either live or vacation so you do feel a little out of place. Our owner was not there so we were totally on our own to try to figure things out either about the unit or the area.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The view from the unit is blocked by too many bushes.
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 15, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments about my property, I am glad you found the house comfortable for four people and you enjoyed your stay. I take note about your observations about the bushes surrounding the garden. I try to maintain a balance between affording guests privacy in the garden from adjoining properties and being able to see the view however your comments suggest that I need to trim the bushes more so those wonderful views can be seen better. I will ensure that is done. I do provide a very comprehensive guest information book in the house and send details of places to visit, recommended restaurants, where to go wine tasting, cookery schools and the location of the nearest supermarkets to all my guests at the time they book their stay. I also respond very quickly to requests for additional information. I welcome guest feedback so maybe I could get in touch with you separately to ask how I could improve this.

Best Wishes

Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing