“Incredible Owner Support For a Lovely Property”
other travelers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
JohnSalt
John Salt
“Incredible Owner Support For a Lovely Property”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

As many others have said this is a lovely property with all of the amenities and very close to many tourist destinations and shopping areas. The home is comfortable and clean. If you read all of the other 5 star ratings for this property you will know how we felt about our stay.

What most impressed us is that the owner (Steve) bends over backwards to accommodate. We had originally planned to visit in 2012 but personal circumstances (a very bad accident the day before we were to leave and a week before we were to be in Tuscany) had us cancelling. Rather than just keeping our money Steve did everything he could to rent the property. He was successful and only charged us a nominal admin fee. Incredible!! We were able to travel in 2013 and were not disappointed. Once you arrive you will find extensive information packages prepared by Steve that tell you everything you need and everywhere you might want to go. If you are looking for a beautiful location, a clean and comfortable accommodation and an owner who understands customer service you need to visit and stay at this property.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Uwe N
Acworth, Georgia
“You will ove this place - perfect Tuscan vacation villa”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Please see my earlier review - you will not be disappointed by this villa. Great setting with beautiful views, quiet, well equipped. Excellent support by the owner Steve Pitts. Good starting point for trips to Florence, Pisa, Volterra and San Gimignano.

Liked best: Surrounding countryside
Liked least: Gravel road to property
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Oct 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed i'l Granario. Since your stay I have had all the shrubs at the front and side of the private garden removed or cut very low to open up those gorgeous views. I hope that one day you will return and I will be able to welcome you back to this beautiful part of Tuscany.

Warm Regards

Steve Pitts
UweLN
Trophy Club, Texas
“Wow - nice villa with all amenities in a beautiful Tuscan setting”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here with another couple. We had a great time. The villa is really far out in the countryside - over 10 km from the next villages. And the last 2 km you have to drive on a in parts very bumpy gravel road. But the view from the villa across the countryside is breath taking. In the distance you can even see the ancient village of Volterra - a "must see" location during a stay at I'l Granario.
The villa itself is well equipped with everything you need during a stay. However, you better learn to prepare your morning coffee with an Italian espresso maker. Not really difficult - but different. Downstairs you also a living room with TV and DVD player and one bedroom (with a King sized bed) and bath. Upstairs you have another bedroom (two beds side by side) and another bathroom. Linen and towels are there - but if you come in the summer time better bring also some towels for the pool (which was already closed for the winter when we arrived) .
Don't forget to bring a flashlight - it gets very dark out there in the countryside. But it is also wonderful quiet.
I'l Granario is a good starting point for tours - to the wonderful cities of Florence, Siena or Pisa and also to the nearby villages of San Gimignano and Volterra. Both a must see during a stay in I'l Granario. In the center of San Gimignano you find also the best ice cream store - a multiple world ice cream champion (didn't even know that something like that exists). Delicious.
Steven Pitts is an excellent owner - he prepares you with all the necessary info before your arrival. And he his answers all the questions you may have. If we come back to Tuscany we definitively try to stay at I'l Granario again.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Gravel road to property
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Picfire
Pickering
“Good location to see surrounding towns”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

This cottage is well located to see many towns and cities around the Tuscany area. A nice cottage that sleeps 4 comfortably with 2 full bathrooms. Although the property has an expansive view this units view is limited by bushes so we found we had to pack up and move to the pool area each evening. The cottage is well equipped with all of the amenities and the beds are very comfortable and the showers work well. Directions to the property were excellent but once on the long (very rough) driveway we had trouble finding the actual unit. This is a rental unit amongst several other units where the actual owners either live or vacation so you do feel a little out of place. Our owner was not there so we were totally on our own to try to figure things out either about the unit or the area.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The view from the unit is blocked by too many bushes.
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 15, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments about my property, I am glad you found the house comfortable for four people and you enjoyed your stay. I take note about your observations about the bushes surrounding the garden. I try to maintain a balance between affording guests privacy in the garden from adjoining properties and being able to see the view however your comments suggest that I need to trim the bushes more so those wonderful views can be seen better. I will ensure that is done. I do provide a very comprehensive guest information book in the house and send details of places to visit, recommended restaurants, where to go wine tasting, cookery schools and the location of the nearest supermarkets to all my guests at the time they book their stay. I also respond very quickly to requests for additional information. I welcome guest feedback so maybe I could get in touch with you separately to ask how I could improve this.

Best Wishes

Reviewed August 12, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quality accommodation, beautiful views and air-conditioned bedrooms, wifi and sat tv for the kids.
Liked least: Having to go back my the UK!
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Aug 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, it was nice to welcome you back this year and I'm glad to found the new air conditioning made your evenings much more comfortable. I try to make the villa as 'guest friendly' as possible so your feedback helps me to know that those investments are appreciated. Thank you also for your kind comments about my administrative arrangements and ongoing support. It's important for me that you have confidence in the person you are dealing with and your holiday is relaxing from the time you book to the time you leave. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back next summer.

Warm Regards

Jessica B
Montreal, Canada
“A Tuscan dream”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My husband, our 4 year-old son and my parents stayed at I’l Granario for 5 days in early May and everything was perfect. From the beautiful, roomy villa and exquisitely maintained surrounding property, to the breathtaking vistas that surpass those we see on postcards, I’l Granario is an absolute dream.

Steve was extremely helpful and resourceful every step of the way. We will definitely be returning...every year I hope! Highly recommended!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: The road was a bit bumpy
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Jimmy75_1...
Formby, United Kingdom
“Perfect location.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

If you are after peace and tranquillity in the middle of nowhere with views to die for, then look no further. Il Granario is admittedly small, but very well equipped and spotlessly clean. In our case, four adults were accomodated very comfortably, though whilst at the house, we spent the vast majority of our time outside on the terrace. This is west facing making the stunning scenery and sunsets just wonderful.
There are loads of villages and walled towns to visit in the area. There is a visitor's book at the house that gives lots of tips on places to visit and recommended restaurants etc.
Steve the owner is brilliant to do business with. He answers any queries promptly and emails plenty of useful hints and tips to you before making your journey.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that there are no shops, supermarkets, bars or restaurants within walking distance. You need a car to travel anywhere at all, though for us, this was all part of its charm.
We loved the place and will definitely be returning.

Liked best: Breathtaking location
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Friends getaway
Jun 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased to hear that you found the house comfortable and enjoyed its rural location and amazing views. I have many returning guests and you will always be welcomed back to I'l Granario.

I place a great deal of importance on ensuring that my guests have all the information they need to explore the lovely local towns and villages and enjoy great Tuscan restaurants. It's good to hear this was helpful.
Warm regards

Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing