“Perfect location.”
other travelers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Formby, United Kingdom
“Perfect location.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

If you are after peace and tranquillity in the middle of nowhere with views to die for, then look no further. Il Granario is admittedly small, but very well equipped and spotlessly clean. In our case, four adults were accomodated very comfortably, though whilst at the house, we spent the vast majority of our time outside on the terrace. This is west facing making the stunning scenery and sunsets just wonderful.
There are loads of villages and walled towns to visit in the area. There is a visitor's book at the house that gives lots of tips on places to visit and recommended restaurants etc.
Steve the owner is brilliant to do business with. He answers any queries promptly and emails plenty of useful hints and tips to you before making your journey.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that there are no shops, supermarkets, bars or restaurants within walking distance. You need a car to travel anywhere at all, though for us, this was all part of its charm.
We loved the place and will definitely be returning.

Liked best: Breathtaking location
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Jun 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased to hear that you found the house comfortable and enjoyed its rural location and amazing views. I have many returning guests and you will always be welcomed back to I'l Granario.

I place a great deal of importance on ensuring that my guests have all the information they need to explore the lovely local towns and villages and enjoy great Tuscan restaurants. It's good to hear this was helpful.
Warm regards

Laura S
Nonthaburi, Thailand
“This rental was comfortable, peaceful, and had everything we needed.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband, our 14 year old daughter, and I loved our vacation in Tuscany. This was our first time in Italy and after the crowds of Rome, we found Il Granario to be a welcome haven of peacefulness, comfort, and convenience. We stayed for 5 days but would have gladly stayed longer, although to be honest, it is a little remote and we did have to find ways to keep our teenager from being bored. The wifi worked extraordinarily well, so that made her happy. During the day we were able to easily visit (by car) San Gimignano, Volterra, Siena, Pisa, and Lucca. The views from the house are incredible. Every night, we enjoyed a glass of local wine while sitting and watching the sunset from the garden patio chairs. The owner of the property was easy to work with, provided us with suggested itineraries, and answered all of our questions in a very timely manner. We loved the comfortable beds, the cleanliness, and all of the included amenities. We were lucky to have warm and sunny weather and would have enjoyed the pool, but it doesn't open until May. It was a great vacation and we would definitely highly recommend Il Granario to anyone who wants to experience Tuscany.

Liked best: The peacefulness
Liked least: The nearest restaurant is about 6 km away and has sporadic hours of operation.
Apr 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear that I'l Granario was comfortable and you enjoyed your stay there. I am glad you enjoyed those wonderful views and enjoyed the local wine, it makes I'l Granario such a special place to stay. I hope to be able to welcome you back to I'l Granario again some time in the future.

Steve Pitts
Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

Liked best: The views
Your age range 50-64
Dec 5, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review of I'l Granario. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the incredible views. Its always a pleasure to help my guests make plans for their stay and to answer questions that help you make the best of your stay. Thank you also for your recommendation - I would be delighted to welcome you back to I'l Granario at some time in the future.

Warm Regards

South Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, high standard of furnishings and home wares, stunning scenery
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Nov 17, 2012
Thank for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the house and the lovely location. Thank you also for your recommendation, I hope to be able to welcome you back to I'l Granario again in the future.
Warm Regards

Patrik E
Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazing view and excellent service”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

We spent a week in this amazing house and will definately return if we can. Amazing view of the fantastic landscape, magical sunsets and all you need in the house to have a comfortable stay. Close to all the cities, villages and wine yards that you want to see. And San Gimignano was amazing we spent two days there, enjoying the village and the shopping. Big thanks to Steve who provided us with all possible information that you need, including a lot of advice where to go and what to see.

This house and the surroundings were the best part of our trip!!!! We can really recommend this to anyone who want's to enjoy lovely Toscana in the best place!!,

Best regards,

Patrik, Josefin, Ebba & Benjamin

Stockholm, Sweden

Traveling group: Friends
Mar 20, 2013
Thank you for such a fabulous review. You described everything that makes I'l Granario such a wonderful place to stay. I am grateful for your comments about my customer service. You work all year for your holidays so I want to make it exceed your expectations.

Many thanks

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet in a beautiful location
Aug 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. It was great to welcome you back for a second stay. Thanks also for the information about the horseriding, it's good to be able to share your experiences with my future guests. You will always be most welcome back to I'l Granario, thank you for being such great guests and for sharing your experience with others.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The unobstructed view of the countryside.
Liked least: The dirt road into the property
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Aug 12, 2012
Thank you for your review, I think it's important to ensure my guests receive all the information they require to make their holiday as trouble free as possible so I'm pleased to hear that you found the information I sent helpful. I hope to welcome you back to I'l Granario again some time in the future.
Best wishes
Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing