“Very good value of money, new experience, great one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sovestro in Poggio

Sovestro in Poggio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome in our house! Walking distance from San Gimignano, one of the most important towns of Tuscany, during the wine tour you'll discover a part of Tuscany that few people knows. You'll understand how is the countrylife in this part of the world. I won't say what our tour includes or not.....reviews speaks for us! We wait to welcome you, as private or group. Reservation required to tour the farm.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Very good value of money, new experience, great one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

its a new experience which i recommend for anyone who havent tried it, you go to spend the after-noon where they server you 3 kinds of wine as i remember with Salami and you end the awesome delicious lunch with the best dessert wine i have ever had! The staff are really helpful and they offer great hospitality as its a family business and they run it themselves.

I would highly recommend it regardless of the price tag

Visited July 2013
Fausto M, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear "Ramy B",
you remember right! This is a small family vineyards and we produce only those 3 wines and the extra virgin olive oil, you tasted them all!
Many thanks for your visit, next time perhaps you'll stay in our rooms.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic value or money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We came for the wine tasting this afternoon and had a wonderful time. Fausto was very welcoming and knowledgable and gave us a great introduction to the basics of wine making. The good was excellent and the wines equally so. At 25 Euros per person, it was fantastic value and all in the shadow of beautiful San Gimignano. Highly highly recommended

Visited June 2014
Fausto M, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear "circlemouse",
you are the quickest reviewer I've never had!! Thank you so much for your visit. Your feedback is really appreciate and I hope you'll come back to try our cooking class next time.

Best regards,
Fausto & Susanna
St. Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Small but beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in San Gimignano and visited this small and beautiful winery on day two of our trip.

They only produce three types of wine (one white and two red), but work hard to ensure they get certified for the Chianti label.

Fausto was very knowledgable and we learnt a lot in the short visit.

It was interesting to find out how they grow the grapes and how the chianti wine is made. We Also were surprised to learn that nothing is wasted, even the grape skins are used to make Grappa!!

We had a wonderful lunch and were shown around the beautiful grounds. It's a shame we were unable to stay there (it's also an agritourismo - staying on the farm) as we would have loved it.

We would definitely recommend this winery to our family and friends.

BTC01

Dear "BTC01",
the lunch we serve is simple but everything is fresh and genuine, that's probably the best ingredients! Obviously a good wine made with passion and only natural products helps :-)

Hopefully next time there will be a room available to stay with us and you'll experience the cooking class as well.

All the best until then!
Ciao
Fausto & Susanna
Vicenza, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Definitely Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My 3 girlfriends and I started our day in San Gimignano with a visit to this winery, just a 1km walk from the historic entrance. The staff at the winery were friendly, knowledgable and very accommodating. There were 2 ladies in our party that required gluten free items during the tasting and they were well provided for. I would only suggest reminding the winery of any special dietary needs a day or 2 prior to the visit so they have time to prepare. The views of San Gimignano are stunning from the winery. The tasting room was also gorgeous. We had plenty to eat at our lunch and left very satisfied. The 15-20mn walk back into San Gimignano was the perfect way to walk off some of the wine and food.

Dear "Rachel M",
yes we provided the gluten free pasta and I rememeber you didn't like so much. I'm very sorry, it is a difficult type of pasta to cook. But the important thing is that....you liked the wines!!
I hope to find a better gluten free pasta for your next visit :-)

Thanks to share your experience reviewing us, very appreciate.
Asia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great food and wine, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

A must try if you're in the area. It's a walk from San Gimignano (beautiful town) and is surrounded by their own vineyard.

Very informative tour (in English or Italian), and questions are dealt with very patiently and thoroughly.

The food was fantastic too, and each authentic Italian course was paired with a great wine. Every meal was also explained to us to ensure we could best appreciate it. You can ship back the wines and olive oil or buy them over the counter, at very reasonable prices.

I'd definitely revisit this vineyard if I'm ever in the region!

Dear "akagyx",
thanks you very much for your visit and review. It's important for me to have my guests feedback as I can try to improve the service. I really hope that you'll be able to come back to Tuscany and stay with us, perhaps in one of the nice rooms at Guardastelle. Please stop by the winery also for just a glass of wine!