“Charming winery and wonderful hosts!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sovestro in Poggio

Sovestro in Poggio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome in our house! Walking distance from San Gimignano, one of the most important towns of Tuscany, during the wine tour you'll discover a part of Tuscany that few people knows. You'll understand how is the countrylife in this part of the world. I won't say what our tour includes or not.....reviews speaks for us! We wait to welcome you, as private or group. Reservation required to tour the farm.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Charming winery and wonderful hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and 1 year old visited in May as part of a small tour group and we had such a wonderful visit! Fausto was a very enthusiastic and welcoming host and we enjoyed our visit very much! We had a delicious lunch and tasting - Ribollita (which I want to try making myself!), bread, cheese, meats, local honey, olives and olive oil and biscotti - and of course wine! We enjoyed it all and ordered some wine and olive oil to be sent back home - sadly, we have already drank all the wine but are still enjoying the olive oil! Next trip we would love to spend more time in Tuscany and will definitely stay a few nights here! Thanks for a great tour!

Visited May 2013
Susausto, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear "Jennifer R",
it was a pleasure to host you and your family and I sincerely hope that you'll come to stay longer at the agriturismo.
If you have finished the wine.....no problem! You know that I can ship it again :-)

Regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Bridgewater, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Simply Exquisite!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited the Sovestro in Poggio Winery on June 3rd, 2013 and met with Fausto who was very excited to showcase his vineyards, and shared his wine making skills with us. His pride and joy in his wine and cheese simply reflected in his hospitality. We had lunch at his beautiful home where we had the honor to partake in one of his finest traditional Italian dishes! And if I say it was out of this world, it would still be an understatement! He was the most gracious host and is most definitely a wonderful human being. I would like to wish Fausto and his family much success and hope to visit with them again in the near future.
Warmest regards, Sai P

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sailoveslife
Dear "Sailoveslife",
oh my goodness! Thank you very much Sai because your feedback is very personal. I'm very very glad that you have looked at me not just as the man who show the business here but like a man, with his own beauty and trobule of daily life!

Grazie grazie grazie. I really hope to see you again!

Take care,
Fausto
Tolland, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Drove there from Florence. Beautiful place with the nicest people who are excited about their business. Lunch was delicious - so much that when we got home, we "borrowed" some of their ideas! The tour is very informative and Fausto loves to teach about the winemaking. When we reserved the lunch and tour, we didn't realize that they have overnight accomodations as well. They looked great. On our next trip to Italy, we'll stay there too!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank TMandTM
Dear "TMandTM",
really? Fantastico! I'll wait you here for a longer stay next time!
Nice to know that you have seen something interesting to entertain your guests at home.
Many thanks for your visit and the time you get to share your experience.

Keep in touch with us with our fan page on Facebook (Agriturismo Guardastelle) to see updates and offers!

All the best,
Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect Winery Tour and Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are in or near San Gimignano, this has to be the vineyard to visit. Our group enjoyed everything - the walk by the trees and vines, the beautiful gardens of flowers and herbs, the amazing views out over the countryside. Fausto is an excellent guide and host. We booked the wine tasting and lunch and it was beyond what we expected. Full glasses of wine, the Tuscan comfort food - ribolitta, bruschetta, three different cold meats, fresh and aged peccorino cheese with local honey - a great combination that was new to us, biscotti & dessert wine, and the best olives I have ever had. In all, a wonderful afternoon.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JPZ
Dear "JPZ",
thanks for your feedback, obviously thanks also for your visit! I'm glad that you liked all our proposal here and I hope that you'll come back again maybe to stay longer in one of our rooms at Guardastelle.

Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I don't usually leave reviews but Sovestro in Poggio Winery deserves it. Learning about the quaint, family-operated business was fascinating and our host could not have been better. Fausto was a wealth of information and our tour through his winery was perfect. The tasting was wonderful and was accompanied by a beautiful spread of local meats and cheeses. This was our first stop in San Gimignano and will not be our last, I would recommend Sovestro in Poggio Winery to anyone traveling to the area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank J H
Susausto, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear "J H",
your visit was a pleasure for me and my wife. If you'll visit the area again stay with us at Guardastelle, you won't regret!!
It is nice to keep in touch with you on Twitter but let's have a look also on our Instagram account!

Ciao!!