“Very Enjoyable”

Sovestro in Poggio vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome in our house! Walking distance from San Gimignano, one of the most important towns of Tuscany, during the wine tour you'll discover a part of Tuscany that few people knows. You'll understand how is the countrylife in this part of the world. I won't say what our tour includes or not.....reviews speaks for us! We wait to welcome you, as private or group. Reservation required to tour the farm.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A fantastic place to visit in Tuscany with beautiful views and a very informal (but informative!) wine tour. The tasting was great with each wine being paired with a typical Tuscan dish.
My only regret was having not booked to stay there! Well recommended.

2  Thank SK201
There are newer reviews for Sovestro in Poggio vineyard

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently had a lovely stay in Florence with a friend of mine. My friend scheduled a full day tour of three of Tuscan towns including a wine tasting at family owned winery. The wine tasting was definitely one of the best highlights of the day. The wine and olive oil tasting was top notch! Everything was perfect including the out of this world view of Tuscany. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased a case of wine to be shipped back home to the United States.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our best day in Tuscany included this winery tour and tasting. Fausto and his wife, Susanna, own and operate the winery and the attached Agriturismo Guardastelle (where we stayed for 3 nights). Fausto thoroughly explained their vineyards and wine making process, as well as their olive groves and the making of good olive oil. Contrary to an earlier review, we felt like his presentation was sufficiently detailed and he readily took questions from our group. His English is very good, by the way.

We truly enjoyed the foods served along with the 3 in-house wines and the dessert wine. We also enjoyed sharing the meal with our fellow guests from across the globe. We were able to order their wines and olive oil to be shipped to the USA, all of which arrived within a month of ordering. In fact, we're placing another order today!

1  Thank MannK
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently went on a trip to Tuscany with my mother and some of her friends and we spent a week in Tuscany. One of the women on the trip heard about this winery and made reservations for all of us to attend a tasting with some wonderful food. Fausto and Susanna who run the winery were the most gracious hosts. Not only did we do a wine tasting with some magnificent food, but Fausto gave us a very good tour of the grounds and information on the wine making process. The views from the winery were so beautiful and you could even see San Gimignano from the back of their property. I would highly recommend anyone to make time in their travel to visit Sovestro in Poggio Winery. I also ordered some wine and olive oil and everything came promptly and intact. A must visit!

1  Thank DMB1957
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We did the wine tasting, lunch, and winery/vineyard tour in October 2012. Fausto was incredibly hospitable and knowledgeable. We learned so much about wine and olive oil within a couple hours. Lunch and tasting were fantastic--not rushed, high quality, and a lot of kindness shown to our toddler Mia. The wine, olive oil, and honey we brought back home was amazing. We'll continue to order our wine exclusively from here. The vineyards are stunningly beautiful. It must be remarkable to wake up to that view every day. I wish we would have stayed at Hotel Sovestro for the two weeks we were in Italy. I don't have much interest in going back to Rome, Siena, or Positano--all of which had their strengths but were incomparable to San Gimignano and Tuscany as a whole. We rented a car and took that into San Gimignano, which had plenty of parking, but Fausto had generously offered us to park at the winery so we could walk to town.

The next time we go to Italy, we're going back here. Thanks so much to Fausto and all of whom made this trip so special for our family!

1  Thank RyanMH