“Beautiful view - great food - gluten free options”
Review of Le Vecchie Mura

Le Vecchie Mura
Ranked #12 of 129 Restaurants in San Gimignano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Beautiful view - great food - gluten free options”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We had a great dinner at Le Vecchie Mura, the garden is great with beautiful views! The service was good - better make a reservation in advance. Without reservation you can wait in a small garden until you get seated. The restaurant provides a separate gluten free menu and deales very professionell with the special needs of a celiac.

• Visited August 2014

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kirribili
“Romantic, amazing view, Tuscan food”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful evening, amazing food, stunning views. The pasta with walnut was incredible!

Certainly a special place to spend the night

“Dinner for 2 with breathtaking view”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation for this restaurant a week in advance via email. Im very glad I did, the restaurant was almost full when we arrived and numerous tourists had to be sent away. The view is amazing - breathtaking. We also really enjoyed the food! It took a while to order and to receive the food but this gave us time to enjoy the great location. The only little downside was some of the service staff - very arrogant. All credit cards are accepted - if we are ever in San Gimignano again, we will be back!

Hobart, Australia
“A great must do experience with just good food and a very good service”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

firstly lets get the food question out of the way as I found reviews contradictory when I was deciding whether to go here. This is very good to just good Italian homestyle simple cooking. which in what may sound like a contradiction to some is designed to be produced in a mass manufactured fashion. if your main concern is a gourmet meal or top-quality Italian food do not come here. Having said that we really enjoyed our meal.

What sets this restaurant apart is the outdoor garden section which overlooks beautiful Tuscan landscape rolling away below as far as the eye can see in each direction. What is even more beautiful as is the case everywhere in Sun Gimignano is that as a light changes towards dusk and sunset the landscape is beautiful a new as if you were at some different location.

The service also that we received was very efficient, professional and friendly. Our waiter (the young man with the Polish girlfriend) was a delight and the maitre d' was extremely professional if in a no-nonsense way. I had booked online over a month before and had not reconfirmed so when I saw that the restaurant was full as we approached and that people were being turned away I was a little apprehensive that we may have been written off.

Exactly the opposite was true. Without even needing to look at his bookings the maitre d' took as to one of the best seats in the house on the edge of the balcony overlooking the valley which said to us that he respected the fact that we had booked so early as he obviously were very keen to eat there.

To sum up – a wonderful and memorable experience we will remember for the rest of our lives.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank George C
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Outdoor seating has great views”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We've eaten here before so were looking forward to the return visit. The evening started out well with outdoor seating reservations being made the day prior. The black truffle risotto was excellent having small bits of truffles throughout the dish. The anti-pasta plate was also good.. Next came the main course. My wife had a wild boar plate. I ordered the deer plate. Boar and game dishes are a specialty of Tuscany. While both tasted very good, I was about half way through my meal when I found a long hair in my meal. Totally turned me off for the rest of the dinner.

We will return to San Gimignano in the future. We probably won't return to this establishment.

• Visited August 2014