We have recently returned from a fantastic 8 night stay at Torraccia. As most reviewers have said, it is a wonderful peaceful haven in the Tuscan countryside. From the moment we arrived we could not have been made to feel more welcome. As a coeliac ( I require gluten free food) I could not fault their attention to detail in providing gluten free food - Bruno even provided gluten free pasta so I could have the same experience as other diners. Maritsa ( apologies with spelling) made sure I had plenty of offerings for breakfast and Maria helped out whenever needed. We used Torraccia as a base to tour other places in Tuscany and were able to visit San Gimignano, Certaldo, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, the Chianti region, Volterra and other smaller villages within day trips. We also enjoyed walking on the Via Francigena - the ancient pilgrims road and wish to thank Donnatello for her assistance in providing information and maps. At the end of our stay Maria gave us a tour of the chapel and the tower which gave commanding views over the countryside. Some reviewers have had concerns about the location of Torraccia and the need to travel on dirt roads - we felt this was part of the charm and really felt we were in the middle of the Tuscan countryside. We enjoyed meeting people from around the world and the long dinners and breakfasts afforded time to share travelling tips and learn about other people's way of life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a hill overlooking the medieval town of San Gimignano, surrounded by greenery, in an isolated and mysterious corner of the Tuscan countryside... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Torraccia di Chiusi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torraccia Di Chiusi Hotel San Gimignano
- Torraccia Di Chiusi San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany