Donatella and Stefano were outstanding hosts and readily shared their passion for Torraccia di Chiusi and the work that went into the restoration. My two traveling companions and myself had the pleasure of spending three nights here.
The breakfasts were out of this world as we dined on fresh fruit from their garden, just laid eggs, cheeses and hot out-of-the-oven pastries. We also had dinner with them one evening and the bean soup was out of this world.
Stefano offered us a personal tour of the property that made this all the more special as he proudly showed us the grounds, his wine cellar, the small chapel and even allowed us to tour his home and the tower. He provided us with a history of the property, the old road and the buildings. He appears to be a man that loves what he does and is at peace with himself.
Donatello has a joyful spirit. As we sipped wine one night in their bar area she told us of her part in the restoration and how she bought furniture and did everything from supervise the installation of the art work to the interior painting. We also chatted about the wines made under their label and sampled a few.
We felt as if we stayed with family and loved the property, the hosts and their energetic dog Radda and Romeo, a lovable bruiser of a cat. The road to the property is a bit tricky but once you do it once, it gets easier. Just make sure you slow down at the turns and certainly don't plan to walk from the main road.
The rooms were lovely, clean and spacious and we had a suite with two bedrooms. The only thing that could have been done better was to have softer mattresses - they were too hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a hill overlooking the medieval town of San Gimignano, surrounded by greenery, in an isolated and mysterious corner of the Tuscan countryside... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Torraccia di Chiusi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torraccia Di Chiusi Hotel San Gimignano
- Torraccia Di Chiusi San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany