“Lovely restaurant with lots of character”
Review of La Grotta

La Grotta
Ranked #164 of 985 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I visited this restaurant for lunch last Friday week with a friend and my daughter. We had salads, pasta and some wine + dessert, all of which were excellent and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is great; very relaxing. And the decor...what can I say?! I had not expected to see stalactites in Pisa! Service was terrific and all-in-all it was a very pleasant experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We went there on a Monday at 10pm, service was great, really nice waiter and the food was delicious, for starters we had pappa al pomodoro it was just amazing! Pasta, fish and dessert were also really nice, I think price was ok 30 euros for two..
A local recommended me this place, this is traditional food and they don't speak much english (it's Italy you people!!), so if you want to have spaghetti bolognese or pizza this is not the place for you.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I must first say that my husband did enjoy his meal. However mine - the house pasta - was not cooked enough. So I sent it back, the first waitress we caught the attention of said she did not speak english and turned her back on us. When my meal finally returned it was exactly the same and cold. It also took us ages to get the bill.
Very disappointing

1  Thank sam186394
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We sat outside and enjoyed the wonderfull atmosphere . The food was really good . service is good as well. A bit expensive but still worthwhile. I recommend this place for sure !

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was a bit disappointed after reading all the positive reviews from other people who has visited la Grotta.
The waitress was very helpful in translating the menu into english for us, and she was very friendly and smiling.
The meat was great, but cold. The potatoes were cold too. So I was a bit disappointed...