“Terrible service, bad lunch but excellent dessert” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pasticceria Salza

Pasticceria Salza
Ranked #27 of 28 Bakeries in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, bad lunch but excellent dessert”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The service here was terrible, despite buying lunch, dessert and drinks, our waitress was constantly putting pressure on us to hurry up and leave before we'd even finished eating our meals. She was extremely rude from the outset and whenever we wanted to order something we had to go inside to get her attention to come out again. My pasta dish was average, my fellow diner's bruschetta selection was inedible. However, the restaurant gets 2/5 because the ice-cream based desserts were, in fairness, extremely good. At 9 Euros, they were a little expensive but though it pains me to say it, probably the nicest desserts we had during our stay in Italy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Horrible service!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

After lunch this afternoon, My husband, my son & I wanted to have a traditional italian desert.
So as soon as we finish our lunch in a restaurant closed by (specialized in fresh pasta) we runned to 'Federico Salza pasticceria', I've waited 10mn to be placed nobody! I've sat in a dirty table...still nobody! some people came after and were served, table cleaned but not ours!!! I don't want to be paranoid but I'm black and my husband is white...NO one came to us...we left the place so upset!!! how can the happen in 2013, they need to learn that without tourists they will be nothing!!! doesn't matter where they from!! what a disappointment!!! Never again!!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Chantoo76
Italy
“Terrible pastries”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I think is way overrated by the locals as the snob place of the 80's... (LOL) I am not impressed with their sweets. Average stuff ....

Visited March 2012
3 Thank EthelBustamante
Australia
“breakfast sorted - panforte is good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The patisseries here are fresh. In the morning they can still be warm. Some are local specialties. They have panforte for sale here which is very good. There are some counter staff that can help with English translations. Street-side seating is on the busy Borgo Stretto. Good for people watching. The cover charge is high. But the patisseries are good quality. Get take away and sit on the curb if you like.

• Visited October 2012
Munich, Germany
“The best Ice-cream ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

if you visit Pisa and if you like sweets, you should definitely visit this place. We tried Almond-Fig and Sicilian pistacchio ice-cream. Celebration for your mouth and brain. After that, there is no reason to eat another ice-cream, because you´ve reached the top.
So it is suggested for who wants to go on diet

• Visited September 2012