“Unfriendly and tourist trap”
Review of Bar Duomo

Bar Duomo
Ranked #30 of 34 Coffee & Tea in Pisa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This bar is located across from the tower and the proprietor uses it to his maximum advantage to charge customers. I would suggest you walk a few steps away to another restaurant. We had coffee and pastry there, which was ok. After about 30 minutes my son wanted to use the restroom and we came back, but they wanted to charge us for the use. The décor is fair.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Like all other good situated shop or coffee houses, over priced and bad service. Inner space is scrap. You should wait several minutes for the lady to notice you and service. Pastries and cakes are not so bad but do not worth to this price. There is nothing else Pisa tower view and toilet.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

this place was the closest to my hotel for a quick breakfast but I do not recommend it! coffee - the most expensive in pisa probably, but surely not the best. the waitress should be sacked when you read all the negative things the reviewers have said about her, but all seems to be true! in my case I chose my brioche wanted to sit inside and asked to sit with cappuccino. when the cappuccino arrived she was most obsessed with getting the cash straight away! by the time she had come back with the change, I ordered a caffè aswell, so she had to do all the paying lark again. meanwhile an asian tourist had come in to use the toilet and was shooed out because the 'toilets are only if you sit in the cafe'! how the waitress knew if the woman was a prospective client or not I don't know.... anyway do not be tempted to sit with a nice view and pay for unpleasant service! there is probably a nicer place somewhere nearby even if it's without the view.

1  Thank serena99
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My partner came here as the view has beautiful, boy was that a mistake.
Firstly, the waitress was rude, food was lukewarm and service was slow. Then, we paid the bill, and waited for our change for ages. After 15 mins, my partner decided to ask where it was, and the waitress said she had given it to us!! This was completely untrue, and the staff continued to argue for 20 mins. I asked for the manager, had to return at 3.30pm and proceeded to complain about her. He initially said it wad nothing to do with him, and refused to take any responsibility or ownership of his staff. After much discussion, and a phone call to the waitress, we were given out change and told that she would be paying the manager back in the morning! Nearly ruined our day, was a pain to have to deal with this sort of deceit. Don't bother going there, if you do, pay at the cashier and do not give your money to the waitress and wait for the change.

2  Thank Anna Z
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I loved the friendly staff and delicious coffee. It was convenient and comfortable.

1  Thank LuisellaKeyport_NJ