“Very good sleep, comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Riccione, Italy
“Very good sleep, comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I spent one night here during a conference.

I chose the surprise room deal, which gives you the option of paying 49 € and getting one room from their selection, which they decide on the very latest for you. I got a classic double room on the first floor (UK: ground floor).

The corridor to the room seemed to be a discotheque. The room was vintage, loads of lighted mirrors, TV incorporated into the mirror, dominance of red and black color. The buttons to switch off the light on the side of the bed also reminded me on the 80's...real tall buttons, no switch.

The bed was very comfortable, impeccably made. The shower was a beauty, due the open showering place it seems also quite large. Courtesy shampoo and shower gel, enough towels.

I missed a bottle of water, even if to buy, haven't controlled though, if there was a mini-bar.

The breakfast is very good, you have a chef, who prepares hot dishes, while there is a wide selection of muesli, cornflakes, croissants, fresh fruit, bread, salami and other cold cuts.
Coffee/tea is served by the waiter (who is not very polite in English, just asks: what do you want).

One pretty big downside is the lack of any public transportation downtown according to the receptionists. On my way back I saw several busses, so it might be just a misinformation from them.
Also the ladies at the reception should be a little bit more attentive. I went to the reception desk, to let print my VAT receipt to be ready at my check out - 10 mins later - gave every detail, but when I actually got back with my luggage, she still hasn't printed the receipt for me...I might think, it was because of the 2 € "tourist tax", which I haven't paid by card and had to give her in cash when I got to the desk with my luggage.

Nevertheless, a very pleasant stay, would come back anytime!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nice modern room, interesting hidden lighting behind loads of mirrors. Bed was comfortable, the aircon worked a treat. There is a tanning area with loungers on the first floor roof, as well as a outdoor bar area downstairs.

The free breakfast was included and I found the rate VERY reasonable for a 4 star hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ChrisMikeEllis
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Suited our needs for a short stay as part of our Italy tour. Hotel is modern, rooms large and clean. Quiet area of Pisa although a good way out from the center. Public transport available outside the hotel (about 15mins to center) or E10 taxi to and from. Easy to find form the airport as we hired a car and although hotel has secure parking (additional charge) easy to park on the road. Breakfast very good and the restaurant/bar area also good. Not much in the local area but there is a local restaurant on the corner of main road which was very busy/local but food was good and value for money.Staff very friendly and helpful. Enjoyable 2 night stay.

1 Thank Howard-Moon
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon in Italy. The hotel itself is modern and beautifully decorated. The staff are excellent. Very efficient and welcoming reception. The relaxation areas in this hotel are great. The weather was so hot when we were there. The gardens to sunbathe and beds in the gardens to relax in the shade were perfect. The outside bar was great. One particular bar man was very helpful and made the best cocktails. I particularly enjoyed the kiwi and the watermelon cocktails which were delicious and were filled with vodka and fresh fruit. Delicious! We had a wonderful stay. Only thing was the room we stayed in was lovely (it was a superior room) but the air con was not good enough for how hot it was. It was on and was working but it just wasnt strong enough. We used the hotels shuttle bus to a local public swimming pool which was lovely. The shuttle was free and the pool entrance was about 10euros each and was so relaxing and good fun, it was a great relief from the sun. We took a taxi to the leaning tower of Pisa and it cost about 12 euros each way. We had a lovely dinner in a restaurant called cafe Pisa right by the tower, it was delicious.

3 Thank EnglandLan
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I needed to be near to Cisanello Hospital and this was less than 5 mins walk away. Not needing taxis etc to hospital was a great help. My room was available well ahead of check in time and was was spotlessly clean with a great bed. not a huge amount of atmosphere when I was there but was not a party trip. The staff were faultless, with very good English and very helpful. I am not sure this is the best location to be in heart of pisa but for hospital or proximity to airport it is excellent. Didn't make breakfast which is a testament to the quietness and comfort of the room. Great shower and other room facilities. I would recommend tho hotel, especially if you are there to visit a loved one in the hospital and need the rest of arrangements to be smooth and stress-free.

Room Tip: I chose standard double and it was fine for my needs for this trip
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank susiecate
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I wanted a quiet, clean room and this hotel delivered. Would stay there again but not use the shuttle service. Public transport is very cheap but on arrival I did not want to waste time checking for directions etc. In the end, it would have been quicker to do that, as the shuttle was very late.

Room Tip: The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. That was all i had required. So pleased.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank kay307
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were in this area of Pisa only because I was hospitalized overnight and needed somewhere to stay while we made arrangements to get home. The San Ranieri is near the hospital, in an area of many small hotels and B&Bs and it looked modern, comfortable and pleasant. In fact, our first contact was to ask if we could use their fax facilities which the person on reception granted without hesitation even though we were not yet guests. When we decided to stay overnight, the staff were most welcoming and helpful. We had a lot of questions which they dealt with courteously and efficiently. The hotel is a nice size and very well furnished. The rooms are good sized and also very nicely and comfortably furnished. The breakfast is among the best I have ever had in this type of hotel - and it was included in our rate which was already a very attractive rate. Although their WiFi was not working at the time we could hardly complain - it was not working throughout the entire area. The hotel is near the hospital but not much else. However, there are bus routes very close which take you to the center of Pisa and Pisa Centrale Stazione in 15 minutes (from where you can get to the airport very handily too). Mostly I praise the staff for the courtesy and efficiency - I wish I could speak better Italian but it was not needed since they all spoke excellent English.

2 Thank CanuckNI