We chose this hotel based on the reviews from Tripadvisor and mainly due to the fact that a garage was available, as finding a parking place can be difficult in Pisa. We stayed for 3 days and had opted for an interconnecting room.
The hotel was easy to find, close to one of the exits from the highway. The rooms and toilets were clean and well maintained. Covered parking can be reserved for a cost of 5€/day.
While the website states shuttle service, it's only for picking up from the airport/railway station - they do not offer it as a 'regular' service incase you want to hop on it for a ride to the station. Public transport is very close by and tickets can be purchased at a book-shop near the bus-stop- it costs around 1.10€ and is valid for 70mins from the time of stamping the ticket. Other possibilities are also available (day ticket, two-way, etc). The shop closes early, so incase a late evening trip is planned the ticket needs to be purchased earlier.
There is also a restaurant near the bus-stop, which seems to be run by the same hotel.
- Sound from the neighbouring room.
- Food was a let down. We ordered the same dish on two occassions and both preparations were different.
- Breakfast selection was limited and quantity wasn't planned in advance, especially on crowded weekends. They started preparing scrambled eggs only after bringing it to the notice of the hotel staff that it was over. So, if in a rush go early for breakfast.
- For a four start hotel, a heating kettle with selection of coffee/tea in the room could have been provided
- No possibility to to connect my iPad or portable dvd system to the TV (helpful while travelling with kids, especially if we plan to relax for a day at the hotel)
- The reception area and passage surrounding the elevator and smelled of fish (maybe due to the kitchen close by). But the corridors near the location of the rooms were fine.
Overall it's still a good hotel and would easily fit into a 3-star category, however in comparision to some of the 4-star hotels, more facilities could've been included.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel San Ranieri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ranieri Hotel
- San Ranieri Pisa