We chose this hotel based on the reviews from Tripadvisor and mainly due to the fact that a garage was available, as finding a parking place can be difficult in Pisa. We stayed for 3 days and had opted for an interconnecting room.
The hotel was easy to find, close to one of the exits from the highway. The rooms and toilets were clean and well maintained. Covered parking can be reserved for a cost of 5€/day.
While the website states shuttle service, it's only for picking up from the airport/railway station - they do not offer it as a 'regular' service incase you want to hop on it for a ride to the station. Public transport is very close by and tickets can be purchased at a book-shop near the bus-stop- it costs around 1.10€ and is valid for 70mins from the time of stamping the ticket. Other possibilities are also available (day ticket, two-way, etc). The shop closes early, so incase a late evening trip is planned the ticket needs to be purchased earlier.
There is also a restaurant near the bus-stop, which seems to be run by the same hotel.
- Sound from the neighbouring room.
- Food was a let down. We ordered the same dish on two occassions and both preparations were different.
- Breakfast selection was limited and quantity wasn't planned in advance, especially on crowded weekends. They started preparing scrambled eggs only after bringing it to the notice of the hotel staff that it was over. So, if in a rush go early for breakfast.
- For a four start hotel, a heating kettle with selection of coffee/tea in the room could have been provided
- No possibility to to connect my iPad or portable dvd system to the TV (helpful while travelling with kids, especially if we plan to relax for a day at the hotel)
- The reception area and passage surrounding the elevator and smelled of fish (maybe due to the kitchen close by). But the corridors near the location of the rooms were fine.
Overall it's still a good hotel and would easily fit into a 3-star category, however in comparision to some of the 4-star hotels, more facilities could've been included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hotel San Ranieri in Pisa we transform common places into extraordinary ones. We offer our guests gallant terraces facing up to the sky, wall partitioning that absorbs solar energy and shines nocturnal rainbows, and design rooms that might be mistaken for spaceships. Our architect Simone Micheli, one of the most noted contemporary designers, has created a wondrous metropolitan oasis. The rooms of the Hotel San Ranieri in Pisa are a concentrated eclecticism of contemporary and sophisticated vintage patterns. They offer all that you will need and even additional services that you will not want to be lacking. You will be amazed at our fiber optical Internet connection that will enable you to navigate at the speed of light. With our complimentary TV Mediaset Premium, you can enjoy hours of television entertainment with your family and friends. The Squisitia restaurant in the San Ranieri Hotel is well-known for always offering its clients truly superlative recipes using local ingredients, such as seasonal truffles, mushrooms and produce in its flavorful Pisan & Tuscan cuisine. The Squisitia restaurant is distinguished by the excellence of its homemade items, such as pasta, bread and pastries, served with care and kindness by our skilled and attentive staff. If you wish to visit the center of Pisa: Piazza dei Miracoli is found 4 kms (10 minutes) from the hotel. You can get to the center by car, or take the LAM BLU bus. The bus stop is located just a few hundred meters from the hotel. If you are going to Cisanello: The hospital is directly in front of us. We offer visitors to Cisanello—patients, family members, teachers, doctors and nurses—the perfect position to easily walk to the hospital. If you are just stopping by: The SGC Fi-Pi-Li is only 5 minutes away, while the Galileo Galilei airport is 8 minutes distance by car. If you are going to Palazzo dei Congressi: you can reach the convention center in only 5 minutes by car. The Palazzo dei Congressi is 3 kms from the hotel. You can also reach it by LAM BLU bus. The bus stop is not far from the hotel's entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel San Ranieri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ranieri Hotel
- San Ranieri Pisa