“average, but what you would expect”

Hotel Villa Primavera
Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
“average, but what you would expect”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

stayed here 9th october 2012. my friend and i arrived in Pisa from Monaco very late and after asking around found this hotel. it is located on a main road and only 5min walk from the leaning tower. its quite safe and we had no problems even when we walked to the tower after checking in around 11pm. when checking in we were told they had a room for us and walked us to the back of the hotel. the room was not connected to the rest of the hotel and was infact a self contained apartment above a garage. it cost us €80 for the 1 night including breakfast. the room was clean but very dated. the tv did not work but the reception guy fixed it eventually. we were not fussy as it was late and parking was secure. but im sure there are better hotels in Pisa for the same rate. breakfast was not really a breakfast. a cup of coffee and a croissant thats it! all in all if you get it for €50-€60 its probably worth it. anymore and its dissapointing.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
aberdeen
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I thought it was good value for the price, staff and rooms were fine, i suppose if i wanted to be picky about it the shower cubicle was a tad cramped that,s all.

It is handy for the Airport as the stop for the Airport bus is literally a 3 min walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
England
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night recently. We booked here as it was fairly close to the attractions without being very expensive like some of the other hotels.

Arrived late and we were shown to our room which was in the building across the road. We had a car as well which we could park round the back of the hotel for free and the car park was safe.

Room was fairly spacious and looked very nice and clean. Had all the usual things you would need and also some nice complimentary toiletries. Bed was a little bit hard but slept well enough.

Breakfast was quite simple - selection of bread and a croissant and some very nice coffee.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Location great - was about a 10 minute walk to the leaning tower.

All in all hotel was fine, nothing amazing but did everything we wanted.

• Stayed September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked this Hotel via booking.com based on price and location. Pisa is essentially a smallish city and most attractions can be reach easily on foot.
Location of this establishment is good, which in hindsight is really the only plus, hence the one star.
upon check in into our 'Family Room' for 2 adults and 2 children 12 and 10 years only, we were let upstairs, three flights up when we reached our room it was so small we couldn't even move between the beds. the extra two beds had obviously been place in addition to the existing double bed, as the extra bedding prevented us from opening the balcony door for some fresh air.
The walls to the other rooms so thin you could hear every movement and every word spoken. Also our room faced the side of the building adjacent to a petrol station.

Definately not worth the money if travelling with more than two people, saw some other rooms, that for two occupants would have been fine.

All in all disappointing....

Room Tip: If travelling as a family ask for the family room thats not on the top floor, apparently there are t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pisa hotels

Singapore
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed a night at the newer building across the street from the main hotel building where we checked-in. A young guy who checked us in was more interested to continue his conversation with his friend than to help us with our registration or to give us directions to the city center. The room we had was small but looked very new and clean with new furniture & fittings. It was an easy stroll to the city center - turned left from hotel lobby, walked straight ahead, crossed a small street and we were at the Leaning Tower in less than 10 mins. We met the hotel's friendly & cheerful owner when we returned in the evening. Our room came with a simple continental breakfast that was served by a very enthusiastic team of two guys. Last but not least, there was free parking at the back of the main building and along the street which was a plus as it was only a short walk to the center.

Room Tip: Rooms are very new at the new building across the street from the main reception lobby.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DWELSingapore
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a 2 star establishment and that sums it up. It is clean friendly and convenient being a 10 minute walk from the sights.
It suited us fine as a family of 5 plus 2 grandparents for 2 days sightseeing. We had a family room for 5 on the ground floor which was a bit cramped for the numbers. also a twin room on the ground floor with a balcony. There was free wifi, and free parking but the breakfast was very basic.
There was a small bar serving a limited selection of drinks plus coffee and a bit of a garden to the front where you could have a drink.

Room Tip: If you want a twin go for room 33, ground floor plus balcony.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was not happy with my stay at this hotel. The room was clean and perfectly fine, but each step of the way was disappointing. When I arrived at the hotel, Marcello greeted me, and sent me up to my room on the second floor - to which I had to carry my suitcase up the stairs. When I got in and started to get settled, I found there was a air conditioning unit, but no way to use it. When I asked about it, I was informed that it was broken with no possibility of repair, even though I had agreed to pay EXTRA for the AC. When I reminded them of this, there was then a battle of the prices - when I made my reservation online, I agreed to pay 55 euros for a single with private bath and 5 euros more for the AC per night, but Marcello insisted that I had to pay 65, until I showed him the email and told him I would not pay more than I agreed to. Luckily the weather was cool and they provided a fan, so I could sleep fine at night. The bathroom was fine except for the black mold growing on the wall, and the shower was quite small. When I was checking out, Marcello asserted that I should pay an extra 3 euros for having accessed the wireless internet, although no one had ever mentioned that. Breakfast was mediocre at best. Although the room was fine when it all boiled down, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo