WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great hopsitality!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Michele Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisa
Michele Guest House
Ranked #14 of 257 Pisa B&B and Inns
London
“Great hopsitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

An absolutely lovely start to our Tuscan roadtrip! Michele was extremely knowledgeable and friendly and very kindly upgraded us to a lovely room upon our arrival.
He suggested 2 fantastic restaurants for lunch and dinner, both of which we visitied and both of which were excellent!
Breakfast was beautiful, and the 2 homemade cakes Michele's mother cooked made it even better.
What a lovely man, and a lovely B&B. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This must be one of the best B&B's that I have stayed in. Nothing too complicated or fancy, but absolutely clean, in a good location, simple good quality and tasty breakfast, and genuinely caring and friendly hospitality. This would definitely be my choice of place to stay in Pisa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband, daughter, son in law, baby granddaughter and I stayed for one night on 1st June on the last night of our holiday in Tuscany. We chose the guest house for its location near to the airport and because it had good reviews. However it exceeded our expectations and made an unexpectedly great end to our holiday. This was in large part due to Michele who was very welcoming and helpful and extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the city of Pisa. He gave us really good advice about how to make the best of our short visit and was very helpful giving directions and arranging parking. We also had a wonderful meal thanks to Michele''s recommendation for a restaurant.
Our rooms were extremely well equipped, clean and comfortable with good bathrooms.One room had a kitchen corner which was perfect for travelling with a baby. Good breakfast too.
The location is excellent for anyone wanting to get to the airport or station and also for walking to all the tourist attractions and shops.Although close to the action it is also quiet and we had a good nights sleep. We would have liked to stay longer and would definitely recommend this guest house.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed for one night at Michele's guest house while visiting Pisa. He was waiting to pick us up from the airport and pointed out locations as he drove us to the B&B. He explained that he lived across the street, but the rooms were in another building. We were upgraded to a private room with ensuite and checked in promptly, and given restaurant recommendations. He provided great directions and we set off to explore the tower at night (a very good idea - no crowds!). We had a wonderful sleep - extremely comfortable bed, quiet, clean and spacious room. The breakfast was fabulous - filling and fresh, with good coffee. Michele let us store our luggage while we wandered the city and then it was a 2min walk to the train station. Excellent and highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I chose this B & B based on it's location to the train station in Pisa and the ratings. I was not disappointed! The train station is approx 2 blocks away which was convenient for us. It is about a 25-30 min. walk to the Leaning tower or you can hop on the train to San Rossore station from Pisa Centrale-2 min. ride away. We took a day trip to Lucca and rode bikes which was wonderful! WE loved Lucca. We took Michele's advice and ate at a Spaghetteria and the food was great. Michele gave us maps and info and even sold me 2 bottles of Tuscan wine for gifts since I don't know much about wine. We stayed in the Tuscany Suite-a double and a single with shared bath. Great bathroom and accomodations. His breakfast was also very good-probably the best we had in our 10 days. I would highly recommend this Guest House!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

First of all let me say that my room was very clean and it looked like the photos on the web site with one major exception. This "Guest House" isn't a guest house or a B&B as I've always understood those terms. The rooms are in two buildings which are across the street from one another. So, if I'd had a problem or an emergency (such as an overflowing toilet) in the middle of the night, I would have needed to cross the street in the middle of the night to talk to the owner of the B&B. Luckily, everything went smoothly, but the set up made me uneasy.
On my first night in the guest house I overslept and missed the breakfast by 5 minutes. Michele was still in the breakfast room and I asked him if I could still have breakfast. He told me that he wouldn't serve me. About 15 minutes later he was still in the breakfast room and I told him that my room didn't have a clock or an alarm of any kind and that was why I had overslept. He argued with me and said that it did have a clock. I asked him to come to my room and help me find the clock. He came to my room and finally admitted that the room was lacking a clock, but made the excuse that "most people" travel with a computer or a mobile phone so an alarm clock was unnecessary. I felt that under the circumstances he should have served me breakfast or offered me a discount. He did neither. I will say that on my second morning there the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Helen206
MicheleGuestHouse, Proprietario at Michele Guest House, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest
thank you for your review on this so beautiful community!
I need to reply at your observations point to point.
Thank you for appreciate our cleaness, infact I and my staff spend every day many hours to clean so well the rooms!
For your words "major exception"...

- Your explication for the location room's is completely not exact!
All rooms are in the same building but on different floors, instead only my house and office are in the building across the road! It is very strange that you didn't know this! During your stay here I met you several times outside when you smoked the cigarettes. While I went and came from the my house to B&B I saw you more than 8 times in two days, one record for 10 years of my activity. I'm very happy you had a so good feeling with building of B&B to choose to stop up of stairs for your relax!
- B&B have not a reception open 24 hours in Italy, instead the Michele Guest House has the reception 24 hours and this is so exclusive and not very common for one small Italian B&B!
I think after few words you had some bad experience with few toilettes owerflowing around the world. This catastrophic event is very improbable at the Michele Guest House for one simple reason and now I try to explain...
I worked for two of the top five Italian Companies of bathroom furniture on the past and I spend part of my time after the hard work at B&B to project the bathrooms also in this period. So I not call any companies to solve the problem if the bathroom will owerflow on the night in some remote moment.
I work with myself, my life are the bathrooms: maybe I'm not so expert for the B&B but I assure with a lot of certificates knowledge that I'm a Bathroom Man.
Also your bathroom has on the walls part of my job with my autograph.
- Our beds are so comfortable….. I know sometimes the guests lose track of time specially it they have a big jet lag …… so I think for a mix of reasons you didn't give a real description of the first morning at breakfast time.
Your breakfast was ready at 8:00am and I waited you until 11:00am
You came not 15 minutes after the limit but 75 minutes after and when you entered you found me still in the breakfast room while I worked to package a lots of fresh products in the two fridges!
I waited for over an hour and I didn’t come to knock on your room not to bother…. but I understand that certain niceties are not appreciated by all.
Then I asked if you liked a mini breakfast with few products still present on the buffet but you went back to the room quickly and without even listening!
-You booked one of my basic room by our official website and if you read well the description on the website any alarm clock there is in this room!!
Anyway in the room there is a tv DNLA with a lot of different functions (included the alarm clock) and a docking station for Iphone that is the second possible alarm clock.
Then the first morning after your enquire of alarm clock in less two minutes you had one traditional electronic alarm clock in your room but I repeat this is just one plus because in any website is indicate for this room the presence of alarm clock
I am very surprised also by the consideration of a possible discount, among the last things you have honored me with two excellent beers and 6beautiful postcards of your beautiful Seattle!
Now I had a definitely confirmation that sometimes the jet lag for few people produce so bad effects!
I hope to see again but few days after your intercontinental flight and I'm sure you will more enjoy your stay.
Warm regards

The Host and the Bathroom Man
Michele Grieco
Bungendore, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were Australians driving in Europe so needed carparking. Michele made all this easy via emails earlier, The room was good, and quiet, breakfast excellent. But best of all was Michele's passion for and knowledge of his town. He told us to look for things of interest that we would have missed. His food recommendations were excellent. If you go, make sure you get him to mark on the map the best icecream shop (gelataria) in Italy. We had a great time in Pisa and a lot of that was Michele's maps and knowledge of what to look for. thank you, great memories made.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple