“Short stay”

AC Hotel by Marriott Pisa
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The rooms are nice, modern and bright. Bathroom an unusual design. Vanity is glass (watch the corner) not very practical. The hotel is 4 minutes walk from a good shopping centre and the same to the bus stop for the city. We did not realise you needed a ticket or where to get one but the driver let us on free.The hotel breakfast is very good and the staff helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: facing the front.Nice and sunny
There are newer reviews for AC Hotel by Marriott Pisa

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had what was a rather enjoyable overnight stay in AC Pisa until me and my partner woke to find ants in bed with ua, further examination under a rug (which was very dirty) found an ants nest. Spoke to reception who appologied and suggested we visited a hospital, didn't seem like they cared, will never go back and wouldn't advise anyone anywhere to go to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank William B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good hotel, located on the outskirts with free public parking
Fine connection to city center by local transportation
Very nice welcome by recpetion desk staff at 11.30 pm
Spacious,modern and clean rooms with shower and facilities
Buffet breakfast with fresh baked pastries better that expected.
Good value for money

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed for just one night arriving quite late following our flight from LBA. Taxi cost 20 euros but it was well worth staying a little outside Pisa. Having arrived at the hotel at around 11.30pm. We were pleased with our room which was modern, clean and comfortable. However, we were a little disappointed that the bar was closed, but the receptionist pointed us in the direction of a bar/restaurant within 5 mins walk, so we decided to have a stroll enjoying a v warm evening. To our delight, the bar was open with quite a few people sitting outside enjoying a drink or two. We had a bottle of wine and took in the atmosphere. Strolled back to the hotel and enjoyed a good nights sleep, although we were woken quite early by a combination of other departing guests and enthusiastic cleaners. Enjoyed a good continental breakfast which was extremely reasonably priced at 6 euros per person. Overall a good start to our holiday.

2  Thank PhilMunt
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are owners of Marriott Vacation/Point Timeshares. On our recent trip to Italy we spent one night in Pisa at this Marriott hotel. Horrible! The air conditioner did not work and when I asked the clerk (a woman) at the front desk said there was nothing they could do until the morning when the maintenance guy came in. There were no other rooms so we spent the night in agony with the heat. I asked to speak with the manager and again she indicated he/she would not be there until the morning. She was very rude and unwilling to help our stay pleasant. The staff was very rude with the exception of a server in the restaurant where we had breakfast, (of course he was from the Philippines ) all Italians are very unwelcoming and unwilling to help. We asked for extra towels which we never received! I DO NOT recommend staying here I can not believe Marriott has there name on the hotel.

Room Tip: Look for other heotels nar the area of the historic sites. This hotel was distant from the tower.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here for two days as I was passing through Pisa. I had one of the suite rooms. There was a study table, sofa and small TV in the front room. The bedroom had two double beds and a washing basin with an adjoining bathroom. The size was good and the rooms were very clean (except the bathroom, more on that later). Unfortunately that's where the compliments end.

I won't mix my words here, this place was extremely expensive considering the location. It was a good 15-20 euro taxi ride to the main attractions of Pisa. Luck would have it that the bus drivers were on strike while I was there, so any bus connection was out of the question. Also the room had several issues such as the air con in the bedroom not working and some serious condensation leakage coming through cracks in the ceiling fittings. As a result there was always a large pool of water to greet me at the door. Given that I was only there for two days, I decided it was not worth whinging and having to move my stuff again. The shower was moldy and were set up in a way that reminded me of sports class back in high school.

There was also a huge number of visitors at the time of my stay. Any service at the front desk would mean a 10 minute wait. Also food at the hotel restaurant was nothing to write home about.

Now I don't know if my experience here was unusual for the place, so don't discount it on my review alone. However if you're looking for a place to stay to visit the tower and other wonderful sights of Pisa - I'd suggest you look for something closer to town!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AJ_King999
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The room was a decent size and very clean. Location is a little far out from the centre (about 30-40 minutes walking) but fairly close to the airport so perfect for a stopover. There are also a few shops nearby including a large supermarket. The only downfall of the room is the thinness of the walls; any noise in the corridor/room next door could be heard! The wifi is also not free unless you sit in the lobby.