“Fantastic food in Pisa”
Review of Osteria in domo

Osteria in domo
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria in domo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,009 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Pisa near the main attractions like Square of Miracles , the Leaning tower etc the OSTERIA IN DOMO is a typical tuscany restaurant which offers excellents meats and fresh fish at very good prices. Nel cuore di Pisa vicinissima ai principali monumenti come Piazza dei MIracoli , la Torre Pendente etc l'OSTERIA IN DOMO e una tipica osteria toscana che offre piatti regionali alcuni rivisitati con creativita' con eccellente carne e pesce fresco a dei prezzi competitivi
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

In the heart of Pisa, near the leaning tower, this little osteria serves great food! We had a 3 meal course, and with the wine they recommended we were more than satisfied. I really recommend this restaurant. We tried to get a table the evening after as well, but then they were fully booked. So we were lucky to get a table the first evening. So - book a table in advance and enjoy the fantastic food and the great service.

1  Thank Henrik A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was by far the worst meal I have ever eaten in my life. I ordered the spaghetti with tomato and seafood while my sister ordered the ravioli with Tuscan sauce. Both sauces tasted like they had used an oxo cube to make the sauce. There was no tomato in my spaghetti! Both dishes were 9 euros each. Beware - this place is really awful!!!

3  Thank Severn38
osteriaindomo, Proprietario at Osteria in domo, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

HI , mrs Severn38 , near the leaning Tower of Pisa there are a lot of touristic restaurant that served "spaghetti bolognese , Pizza , Cappuccino ,and i ask you.... WHY she and her sister have choise to diner in a typical tuscany OSTERIA ????????
If you dont'know the tuscany cousine Why you have choise " spaghetti CACCIUCCATI " and tordelli Handmade with ragout of CHIANINA MEAT ????
In Spaghetti CACCIUCCATI a typycal tuscani food trere is few tomato and a lot of fisch and the slow cooking reduces the tomato is very very very GOOD
in Tordelli handmade the ragout of chianina meat is finely ground and what is oxo cube ????
In YOUR ITALY'S HOLIDAYS you have reviewed like excellent ......( pizzas , cappuccino , spaghetti with tomato) and then
PLEASE AVOID to REVIEWED WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW !!!!
IN VENICE YOU HAVE REVIEWED ECCELLENT A DISH OF PASTA WITH CHICKEN ??????
PASTA WITH CHICKEN IS NOT ITALIAN FOOD PLEASE ....IS BANGLADESH FOOD ....,
I SAY THAT WITH THE MAXIMUM RESPECT OF BANGLADESH PEOPLE .

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was looking for somewhere too dine near Pisa center but all I could see was restaurants displaying pictures to catch the eye. Knowing that good restaurant need no pictures to show off, I searched for something different, and while walking I saw Osteria in Domo small door, nothing fancy, more typical, which gave me the image that these people does a good job.

Staff was nice, menu not so big but with good selection. We were the only table at the restaurant and tough we went after lunch time, we were served with a smile. Fresh bread served soon, then we opted for pasta and myself ordered a misto griglia di carne. All food was enjoyed, my mixed grill was also good, cooked well and nicely served on a slate plate.

If I happen to be around, I wouldn't think twice to visit this place again.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went there because of good reviews on Trip advisor and as usually when we do so we are not dissapointed. food was delicious.It is a small place, so it is better to come when they start at 7 30 or have a reservation as it was quickly full. We had :trippa- very good, tortelloni with aubergine in tomato sauce ,tagliatta di manzo and spaghetti with sea food- very yummy!!!
But the best was home made dessert- kind of tart, one with pears and one chocolate with orange-calvados sauce.....a dream:)

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Great food the best in Pisa! If u visit the tour u have to eat here! Tipical dishes italian Style! The best!!!! P
I ve eat testaroli a tipical toscany eat with pesto and tagliata beef with salade, the beef was BEAUTIFUL!